Need build order advice

I'll be installing a cable shifter in the next week or two and can send you all of the stock linkages if you aren't in a hurry. I'd do it for whatever it costs to ship from San Diego.
I installed the savvy cable shifter yesterday and it works flawlessly. What a great mod. Thanks for the advice on that cable.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Chris
This order starts simple and works up. Also seems reasonable for making it road worthy and safe.
1. Parking brake
2. Seats and seat belts
3. Power steering
4. Clattering
5. Transmission
6. Transfer case
7. AC
Transmission done.
Transfer case done.
Power steering in progress.
Rear brakes and parking brake in progress.

Thinking I will go with seat covers and order new belts through a generic online website.

Love this TJ. So easy to work on. Except removing the pitman arm. That thing has me beat so far. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: JMT
Love this TJ. So easy to work on. Except removing the pitman arm. That thing has me beat so far. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

One of the best things about these Jeeps is that you rarely ever have to jack them up. Most of the time you can just get on a creeper and slide under there!

Removing the pitman arm is a bitch. Took me a hell of a lot of force to get it off.

One of the best things about these Jeeps is that you rarely ever have to jack them up. Most of the time you can just get on a creeper and slide under there!

Removing the pitman arm is a bitch. Took me a hell of a lot of force to get it off.
I put a big pipe (I call this piece of equipment “The Persuader” ) over the handle of my socket and my 2 arm puller bent!!! Need to sleep on it and let my body recover.

Reactions: JMT
I put a big pipe (I call this piece of equipment “The Persuader” ) over the handle of my socket and my 2 arm puller bent!!! Need to sleep on it and let my body recover.

Same thing happened to me, literally! I finally got it with the second puller (the first one was bent beyond use)!

That thing is on there good. Sleep on it, that will help to have a clear mind when you go at it again.

Reactions: JMT and AussieNick
When I had to pull mine I took it to my neighbor's shop. Better and bigger set-up there. He put a bit of heat on the pitman and then hit it with an air chisel. Sideways. Every 90* or so. Then a bit more heat, Croil, impact. Repeat 2 or 3 times. And then the puller. When the puller was starting to strain a bit he hit the puller bolt with the air chisel for a few seconds and the pitman just popped right off. Heat, lube, impact. Repeat. And then done. Didn't even get to tell him the story about 'that one time in band camp'....