Need Help Finishing Headlight Installation

throw_a_way_Jeep

Hello good people!

I'm looking for help on finishing the installation of some headlights that I'm in the process of installing on my 2005 TJ. I have been able to successfully install the lights, and power the day time running lights. However, I have yet to install the Amber Turn Signals portion. I haven't been sure where I should tap into within the wiring harness. These are the headlights I got: Axial LED Halo Headlights w/ DRL & Amber Turn Signals (https://www.extremeterrain.com/axial-led-halo-headlights-w-drl-amber-turn-signals-9717.html)

The last page of the installation pdf (https://lib.extremeterrain.com/guides/J108037-manu.pdf) shows that I am supposed to connect to the Vcc+ for each side. I was able to download the 2005 TJ Wiring Guide, but I am not sure where I should tap in.

On the wiring guide, do one of you kind good people know where I should be looking to cut in?

Additionally, I plan on upgrading to these fenders (https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-fender-flares-9706-tj.html). I don't think I need to keep the Front Signals Lamps or side repeater lamps, but I would still want to maintain the fog lamp connections for future reference. Any advice on making my wiring harness a little cleaner with that in mind?

I'm going to be away from the computer a bit for the rest of the day. If you have any additional questions or information you need from me, I'll try to respond later.

Thank you for your help!
(I apologize for any formatting issues... still new to the forum)

2005 TJ Lighting wiring.jpg

Attachments

• J108037 - Axial - LED Halo Headlights w DRL & Amber Turn Signals (97-17 JK) - install manual.pdf
    110.4 KB · Views: 248
All you have to do for the turn signal portion is tap that wire into the turn signal wire for the side marker on the front fender flares.

Can't recall which wire it is, but there are three wires on each side marker. One is ground, one is the running light, and the other is the turn signal. All you have to do to find the turn signal is use a test light when the flashers are on, and it will be apparently obvious once the test light starts blinking that you've found the turn signal wire.

Tap that wire and you're good to go. That is what I've always done with my LED headlights (y)

All you have to do for the turn signal portion is tap that wire into the turn signal wire for the side marker on the front fender flares.

Can't recall which wire it is, but there are three wires on each side marker. One is ground, one is the running light, and the other is the turn signal. All you have to do to find the turn signal is use a test light when the flashers are on, and it will be apparently obvious once the test light starts blinking that you've found the turn signal wire.

Tap that wire and you're good to go. That is what I've always done with my LED headlights (y)
Any suggestions on the best way to tap the parking and signal wires? Is there a particular connector folks find is good long term for corrosion etc.?