Need help / guidance on wheels and tires - and some photos!

Here’s mine on a 3inch lift (which is closer to 2.5) with 15 inch wheels and 32 inch ko2s.
0A07FEA2-30F9-4E19-BBEA-CD5BF894FCDD.jpeg
Here’s a pic when I got it. It had 16 inch wheels with 33 inch tires.
D644F204-1161-4E33-B04E-C67DAA6A7FA2.jpeg

Reactions: JMT and psrivats
Duratracs - opinions on 265/75R16 vs 31X10.5R15 ?

I really, really, really liked @Chris setup here and I think this is just perfect in terms of looks. I want to have a similar look on my Rubicon. Those 16x8 OEM wheels are not easy to find though. I was playing around with an online tire size calculator and put in these two sizes and below is what I saw:

Is the difference between these two options (0.6" height difference) very visible on a jeep with 2.5" lift? Which will perform better overall? Tire prices are very comparable, so that's out of the question. I do love the duratrac look quite a bit and this is indeed a good tire for my uses from what I have been reading.

size1.PNG

size2.PNG

Duratracs - opinions on 265/75R16 vs 31X10.5R15 ?

I really, really, really liked @Chris setup here and I think this is just perfect in terms of looks. I want to have a similar look on my Rubicon. Those 16x8 OEM wheels are not easy to find though. I was playing around with an online tire size calculator and put in these two sizes and below is what I saw:

Is the difference between these two options (0.6" height difference) very visible on a jeep with 2.5" lift? Which will perform better overall? Tire prices are very comparable, so that's out of the question. I do love the duratrac look quite a bit and this is indeed a good tire for my uses from what I have been reading.

View attachment 44604

View attachment 44603
You'll never notice the .6" difference. If I did not have the Moab wheels, I would get the 15" Quadratec Rubicon Extreme or Mamba wheels, they are both very similar. My favorite style wheel.

Reactions: JMT and psrivats
Got a set of MOABs after daily Craigslist hunting. Put 265/ 75R16 duratracs. Very happy with the look and the ride!

Thanks everyone for helping me decide. You guys are awesome. Here is a before and after.

IMG_20180611_163416.jpg

IMG_20180622_190333.jpg

IMG_20180625_181706.jpg

Ugh... Tires and wheels... Running 255/75R17 on JK moabs. Seems like I'm on Craiglist every other day, looking for new wheels and tires. My current setup just doesn't have the right look.

Ugh... Tires and wheels... Running 255/75R17 on JK moabs. Seems like I'm on Craiglist every other day, looking for new wheels and tires. My current setup just doesn't have the right look.
I prefer the look of 17’s on a TJ. I know, I’m an oddball in the group on this. Plus, it sets you up for better brakes on any setup.

Already thinking on a 285/70r17 Nitto ridge grappler. They make it in a C load range, and it's a hybrid mud tire.
My wife has Nitto Terra Grappler AT’s on her Yukon. They seem to be good tires, about 8,000 miles on them so far. They are quiet for an AT, load C

Reactions: Mike_H