Need help with O2 sensor

Daneek155

Hey guys/gals I am new to this forum. I bought a 2005 wrangler rubicon couple weeks ago and I am having issues with 02 sensor. Cel came on bank 2 sensor 2. Bought sensor went to change it and the wires are shipped off the sensor. So I found 4 wires coming out of engine harness passenger side I’m assuming they are for that 02 sensor. Bought a 02 pigtail now trying to wire the sensor back in. Jeep has a 4.0 Manuel. The guy who sold it said the engine was swapped with lower mileage one. He didn’t know what year it was. The wire colors coming off the engine harness are. Brown/brown/black with white stripe/green. The NTK sensor has 2 whites. One black. One grey wire. Tried doing some 12v power test and none of the 02 harness from the engine show a constant 12v power. I don’t know if that is normal or not. Check engine only throwing one code. P0058. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Here are some pictures

D43B5EE5-0CDF-4D2B-B953-14D9C8A35770.jpeg

5E3873D2-DA7D-4FF7-A1B5-2608C0480C85.jpeg

93918FCE-A8A7-4267-B887-D31819B830EE.jpeg

Im not sure about the 4 wires you refer to on the pass side. I'm not clear on the pigtail.
The wire harness should be near the bank 2 sensor 2 area. Are you saying the pigtail was cut?
Also you might want to re route the front differential vent tube and attach to the drivers side of the radiator.

Im not sure about the 4 wires you refer to on the pass side. I'm not clear on the pigtail.
The wire harness should be near the bank 2 sensor 2 area. Are you saying the pigtail was cut?
Also you might want to re route the front differential vent tube and attach to the drivers side of the radiator.
Hey so the wires were cut off so no pigtail. I did research and the wire pigtail for the bank2 sensor so come off the main harness on the passenger side behind oil filter than it goes over the bell housing to the bank 2 sensor 2. That’s what it should have been. I found 4 wires that were cut on that side so assuming that was suppose to be for the bank2 sensor.

Thats weird why would 02 wires be cut, maybe that happened by accident during the engine swap.

.. you are on the right track, identifying the correct 02 sensor wiring, I'd be speculating esp with a swapped engine and i dont want to assume

Thats weird why would 02 wires be cut, maybe that happened by accident during the engine swap.

.. you are on the right track, identifying the correct 02 sensor wiring, I'd be speculating esp with a swapped engine and i dont want to assume
Yea this thing was full of little odds and ends slowly weeding them out. Should there be a constant 12v signal to one of the wires on any of the 02 sensor. I tested 2 others and no 12v

Reactions: KCsTJ
There’s a thread on this forum that has all of the factory service manuals. In the FSM there are complete wiring diagrams for every system in your Jeep that will show you every wire, it’s colors, gauge, connectors, splices, pin numbers, etc. That would be a good place to start.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ice-manuals-fsm-technical-documentation.4618/
Thank you so much man the color chart matched my colors on the harness connected it up cleared code and it CEL has went away and it’s not throwing any codes. Is it normal when you turn the ignition on the check engine light stays on than starts flashing than stays on. If I start the Jeep no CEL on dash appears. And no codes could be read using that Little computer I have

Yes, that is normal. The PCM isn’t receiving any input on the engine and turns on the light to remind users (particularly deaf users or ones blasting the radio) that the engine is not on or has stalled out.

If I’ve just got the key in the ignition to listen to the radio while I work on the Jeep it will do that always.

Glad it worked out! Those FSMs are quite useful.

Yes, that is normal. The PCM isn’t receiving any input on the engine and turns on the light to remind users (particularly deaf users or ones blasting the radio) that the engine is not on or has stalled out.

If I’ve just got the key in the ignition to listen to the radio while I work on the Jeep it will do that always.

Glad it worked out! Those FSMs are quite useful.
Thank you again

Reactions: Steel City 06