Need help with door check strap

The turtle

Hi,
I just purchased my first jeep about a month ago. It's a 2001 Wrangler SE with the 2.5L engine. It's in pretty good shape just needs some few fixes and clean up the interior. Most of all the fixes have been taken care of except one. The door stop check strap on the passenger side is missing. Before I start to get a bunch of replies like they are everywhere let me say this that the drivers side has one and it is not like any I can find. It is a wire spring steel that has about a 1/2 square loop on the end that fits on the post in the fender the other end is clamped to the bracket on the door and the end of the strap is clamped into position. Hopefully you can see in the picture what I'm talking about. I have search the web for weeks now with no results

To introduce my self, I'm in my 70's and decided to try something new. Most of my life has revolved around motorcycles and bicycles. The Jeep was named The Turtle because it is slow on the hill's but always manages to make it to the top. I'd like to start doing some trail riding but I'm not interested in the more aggressive rock climbing although I do like to watch them on youtube.

Any help with the door strap would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0366.HEIC
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
IMG_0365 Small.jpeg

IMG_0366 Small.jpeg