Need help with factory console subwoofer wires

WWII Jeeper

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
20170910_184450.jpg
I have what is believed to be an 04-06 center console sub, that I'd like to hook up to my non-sub 2006 TJ X, with the 6 disc changer/radio.

The sub plug (above) as the following wires:
Blue
Orange
Purple
Pink
Tan
White
Yellow
Pink w/thin black stripe
Green w/thin black stripe
Gray
Green

What I'm looking for is where each wire goes/what it connects to. I've spent a lot of hours searching, trying to find accurate wire diagrams....no luck.

Thanks for your help.

Ray

Last edited:
I think there is an amp somwhere in the system with the factory sub woofer to make things even more confusing.

View attachment 21933 I have what is believed to be an 04-06 center console sub, that I'd like to hook up to my non-sub 2006 TJ X, with the 6 disc changer/radio.

The sub plug (above) as the following wires:
Blue
Orange
Purple
Pink
Tan
White
Yellow
Pink w/thin black stripe
Green w/thin black stripe
Gray
Green

What I'm looking for is where each wire goes/what it connects to. I've spent a lot of hours searching, trying to find accurate wire diagrams....no luck.

Thanks for your help.

Ray

Ray,

Before you go through any more trouble trying to find a wiring diagram, you might want to check the condition of the speaker in the console. Our sub was rattling when we got the Jeep and it was because the speaker materials were deteriorated. Based on the price for a replacement speaker and the need for a little more "Bump", we purchased one of the 8" concealed powered subs (placed under the rear seat) from Kicker and Pioneer head unit. If you are interested and can provide you with the makes and model numbers of the equipment we purchased.

Jamie

Reactions: tman66
Ray,

Before you go through any more trouble trying to find a wiring diagram, you might want to check the condition of the speaker in the console. Our sub was rattling when we got the Jeep and it was because the speaker materials were deteriorated. Based on the price for a replacement speaker and the need for a little more "Bump", we purchased one of the 8" concealed powered subs (placed under the rear seat) from Kicker and Pioneer head unit. If you are interested and can provide you with the makes and model numbers of the equipment we purchased.

Jamie

Thank you for that Jamie. I stumbled on this console sub at a great price when I was out in California, and replaced the speaker with a Kicker, so I'm ready to go, just have to do the wires. My o6 did not come equipped with a sub, so that's why it's not just a simple thing. I currently have a oem "Sound Deck" from my old 97 SE in the back, which works great, but I'd like to get some cargo space back.

Ray

Thank you for that Jamie. I stumbled on this console sub at a great price when I was out in California, and replaced the speaker with a Kicker, so I'm ready to go, just have to do the wires. My o6 did not come equipped with a sub, so that's why it's not just a simple thing. I currently have a oem "Sound Deck" from my old 97 SE in the back, which works great, but I'd like to get some cargo space back.

Ray

No worries. Good Luck.

Jamie

Okay, I'm ready to wire the sub up. The dealership said it's about the pin position, not wire color... Using triple thick reading glasses, I was able to the tiny numbers on the plug. When I find the color code I wrote down, I'll post here for others.

New Questions:

the sub wires coming out of the sub for the speakers (RR, LR, RF, RR), do I wire them to the corresponding speaker wires coming out of the radio head ?

or, Do they connect to the harness prior to the radio head ?

Or, do I leave the harness as is, plugged into the radio head and splice into the harness ? Meaning, a branch coming off the wire to the sub... looking like a "T".

Thanks you for all the help, I appreciate it, and may be looking for a therapist that specializes in post trauma wire-stress :) :)

Ray

Last edited: