Need help with tire choice

1xswatcop

Hello everyone. I could use some help with tire choice. I am new to the Jeep thing and would like to put a new set of tires on my 2005 TJ Sport, It is lifted 2" with the use of Pro Comp coil springs and I just ordered a set of Bilstein 5100's. I am looking at Dick Cepek Fun Country, or BF Goodrich T/A's in 32X11.50X15, I have not owned either, most of my driving will be on road with some trail use. I have been lurking on this site for a while and have read a lot of good information here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Floyd

The BFG's are a really good choice for your intended use, but since you're looking at 32X11.50's, what wheels are you running, are they stock? and what gearing do you have?

The 32's are a little tall for anything under 3.73 and at 11.50" wide, stock wheels will rub at full turn without some corrective action being taken.

The JK take offs should be about 32ish, so if you're ok with the jeep's performance gearing wise, the KO2's would be a good choice. Your tires will stick out about an inch past the flares with that wheel choice, unless you have the 1" wider Rubi/Sahara flares, FYI.

take a look at my new post "look what the big brown truck brought" (actually see pic below) I just got the duratracs...just looks right on a wrangler. But can't go wrong with BFG, do not know much about the DC. I have a Vision brand of the outaws on now and they are nice. went with the American Racing AR23 on the new tires so the knockoffs are going on CL.

IMG_1264.JPG

Reactions: ac_
81....have had it for almost 19 years, probably have not driven it 3000 miles total, next to it is a 74 TR6 I got last year, I think that is going on the block in spring. Just too big for it and now with the TJ with half doors that will never get driven!

I can’t speak for fun country but I run DC extreme country on my GMC Sierra and at 15,000 they have held up great. I just bought new tires and wheels for my 03 Rubicon and I went with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro 32x11.50x15 and pto comp series 31. My wheel bs is 3.75. I like the DC but wanted to try Cooper out.

684D1A8E-36EE-4CF2-9BB9-9EC2AC7F368A.jpeg

214C581D-16AD-4346-8372-52234596BB27.jpeg