Need paint opinions

Brad Kotarsky

Alright, I have a 2001 Sport blacked out as my daily. Gloss black, flat black grille, flat black wheels, flat black fender tops and hood blackout. The 4 inch lift and 33's are waiting to be installed. I'm debating on getting either flat fenders or tube and painting them gloss black like the rest of the jeep and painting an off center blue stripe over the grille, hood, bottom and top of windshield and down across the tailgate as a tribute to the fallen men and women of our law enforcement. If I do the stripe, how do you think gloss black wheels with the same blue beadlocks would look?
5e80e5e9ae8e396afb3ea613ab2afe87.gif

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

AWESOME ... Great Theme, but go beyond the fallen, do it in honour of those still serving to,

In memory of for sure but also in thanks to those serving everyday.

But Colour Yeah A Blue Stripe is very fitting. Maybe add a skinny Yellow Pin Stripe? or Gold but I think the correct shade of Yellow might draw the eye into the Blue.

Tough part is getting the width/balance just right so it is wide enough to focus attention while still looking formal/regimental/......

Absolutely, you knew what I meant. Possibly with the stripe do 2 thin bright yellow lines on either side butt-up next to the blue? I think that would contrast very well.

Reactions: Chris
I think it could look good, but you're going to have to make certain that the width of the blue stripes aren't too wide. If you go to wide with them it's going to make it look bad for sure.

my son did the stripe thing, I think as a retro respect to the race cars I drove in the '70s, but I think the stripe is a bit too skinny.... And it is on JKU. Photo from the day of cutting fenders and bumpers.

micahs stubby 01.jpg

Yes, definetly wider for the middle stripe. I think I'm convinced with the secondary thinner stripes. Red and white.
uploadfromtaptalk1454812153198.jpg

Or if you could just get a good painter to do that exact flag on the doors (or hood) it would look sweet!
I actually work in a body shop at one of the biggest car dealers in northeast pa. That's where it'll be done. I know some really good guys who can do that dead-on who are doing the stripes. Good idea!

Alright, I have a 2001 Sport blacked out as my daily. Gloss black, flat black grille, flat black wheels, flat black fender tops and hood blackout. The 4 inch lift and 33's are waiting to be installed. I'm debating on getting either flat fenders or tube and painting them gloss black like the rest of the jeep and painting an off center blue stripe over the grille, hood, bottom and top of windshield and down across the tailgate as a tribute to the fallen men and women of our law enforcement. If I do the stripe, how do you think gloss black wheels with the same blue beadlocks would look? View attachment 2954

That's awesome brad.