Need rust kit suggestions

WhereisDukeDog

Hi Everyone,

I am a new Jeep owner. My jeep is rusting in this spot on the driver and passenger sides of the frame. My mechanic said that I'd be lucky to find someone to weld a fix. I think he is wrong. The frame seems in good condition except for these spots. Does anyone know what rust kit would work in this area. I am a Jeep novice, but I think the rust is located just behind the front control arm on the underside of the frame. Any help would be very much appreciated!!

IMG_7454.jpg

68134161985__D6FA81B9-17F7-4DED-B192-FDCA980E301D.jpeg

Hi Everyone,

I am a new Jeep owner. My jeep is rusting in this spot on the driver and passenger sides of the frame. My mechanic said that I'd be lucky to find someone to weld a fix. I think he is wrong. The frame seems in good condition except for these spots. Does anyone know what rust kit would work in this area. I am a Jeep novice, but I think the rust is located just behind the front control arm on the underside of the frame. Any help would be very much appreciated!!

View attachment 349084

View attachment 349085

Welcome to the forum,

Safe-T-Cap is an industry leader in frame repair, But you may well have further damage internally in the skid plate area so that needs to be accessed also. There are several sources for Jeep repair sections including Amazon where I purchased torque box repair sections. One way to check things out internally is with a low cost inspection camera to see what's going on.

https://www.autorust.com/safe-t-cap-kits/

Thanks! Even if it extends to the center skid on both sides, it should still be salvageable right? The impression i initially received was that I was going to have to junk the jeep.

Thanks! Even if it extends to the center skid on both sides, it should still be salvageable right? The impression i initially received was that I was going to have to junk the jeep.

Yes it is all repairable within reasonable limits, just be diligent with your assessment of all the known rust area's. Mine found it's way to the scrap dumpster as it was a NJ Jeep.