Need some advice on Rough Country lift

astjp2

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
so I found a 4" rough country lift for sale locally. It has fixed lower arms. It is cheap. I was thinking that I could press out the clevite bushing and press in some synergy ddb's. I would have 4 inch springs and new bushings in the whole shebang for less than $260. Is this something I should consider? I hope to do a similar setup as Blackjack with the Nth short arm relocation that he has on his jeep.

Any thoughts on this? Would it be worth my time to save $3-500? Thanks, Tim

I wouldn't want fixed arms, I can tell you that much. The adjustment is nice. It lets you dial in the right caster angle and pinion angles, which can vary from vehicle-to-vehicle.

I had adjustables on the wife's jeep, too much to keep them up, I will get upper adjustable for pinion angle plus I am hoping that the DDB's will help some with flex and NHV. I just need to know if this is something that I can do to install them in the lowers. Tim

Kept wearing out...cheap joints will do that even if you grease them every 6 months...I am happy for solid arms on the lowers, i will build custom arms for the tops...
Adjustable arms with good joints are pretty nice. I rarely touch mine.

Reactions: tworley