Need Some Assistance With Deciphering My Alignment Report

Joub-jeepin

Fellow Jeep owners,
I am in need of some assistance. I do not know how to read these alignment reports and not sure how to adjust my jeep. I have attached my alignment report to this thread. I have a 2006 TJ with Skyjacker 2.5 lift with .75 body lift and JCR over knuckle steering with 33’s. I just purchased the Core 4X4 front upper and lower control arms so I can adjust the camber and caster if needed; these will be installed next weekend. To me it looks like my Jeep is all wrong, and could be another reason why I still get the death wobble.

Might help to see the report you're referring to (I see no attachment), but TJ's are pretty simple, Alignment-wise. They like to be ever so slightly towed in....

That's kind of it.

Post pics using the “Attach files” option beneath the text box. There is a thread here that explains how to align your Jeep . 1/16” toe in. Caster you aim for about 5, but it’s not very important. 99% of DW is due to tires not being perfectly balanced. If any front end components are not to spec the tires will trigger DW. Pics?

Fellow Jeep owners,
I am in need of some assistance. I do not know how to read these alignment reports and not sure how to adjust my jeep. I have attached my alignment report to this thread. I have a 2006 TJ with Skyjacker 2.5 lift with .75 body lift and JCR over knuckle steering with 33’s. I just purchased the Core 4X4 front upper and lower control arms so I can adjust the camber and caster if needed; these will be installed next weekend. To me it looks like my Jeep is all wrong, and could be another reason why I still get the death wobble.
Find the dry and power steering tests and do them. Alignment is not your problem. When you do the power steering test, watch that stupid tie rod roll up and down before the wheels turn.

Reactions: williambmac
I’m attempting to post the report, but it will not save.

my results were:
left front - Right front
Camber. -1.0. -0.4
Caster 5.9 6.2
Toe. .18 .17
Total toe .35
Steer ahead .01

left rear. Right rear
camber. -1.0. -0.6
toe. -.06 .52
Total toe .45
Thrust angle. -0.29

Last edited:
872B3BD5-D67A-433E-99AB-FD7FFE0C030E.jpeg

Oh good, you got it posted.

Looks pretty good to me. Caster should be at the low end of spec with oversized tires, so that's good. Camber on the left side is a little out but not enough to do anything, and it's not adjustable anyway.

Thrust angle means your rear axle isn't perfectly squared with the frame. Could fix it with adj control arms in the rear but I wouldn't consider that amount enough to justify the expense.

Definitely nothing here to cause death wobble. As has already been suggested - something loose in the steering system or an imperfectly balanced tire somewhere, or both.

Thank you for that news. Now I’m thinking the DW maybe from a worn out track bar. I replaced that with a rough country one 5 years ago. Maybe change the bolts on that this weekend and see if that works. Thank you again for the fast response.

Sorry I’m new,it’s stock but wondering if you ever heard of this gismo called the CURE that’s supposed to take up slop-thanks
I've heard of it, I know what it does and what it is supposed to do. But, there is this little thing called steering axis inclination. Essentially the upper and lower balljoint centerlines (the steering axis) are leaned back for caster and then leaned inward. The consequence of that is as you turn lock to lock from straight, one steering arm rises, and one steering arm lowers. The only time they are level is when the tires are straight ahead. As such, the joints have to be ball type so they can turn multiple directions relative to the pivot axis at each joint. And, each joint, pitman to draglink, draglink to knuckle, and at the knuckles also have to be ball joints for the same reason. As the pitman swings, the distance away from the axle is moving so the compound movement in the balls is able to follow.

If the cure were a viable solution, then all we would do is build ball bearing joints and through bolt them to each steering arm, they would hardly ever wear out, they could be sealed and that would be awesome. The problem is the joints have to do more than rotate in a flat plane so trapping anything between the body of the rod end and the steering arm is just a bullshit band-aid.

Thank you for that news. Now I’m thinking the DW maybe from a worn out track bar. I replaced that with a rough country one 5 years ago. Maybe change the bolts on that this weekend and see if that works. Thank you again for the fast response.
You'll want to replace more than just the bolts. RC will have either clevite bushings on both ends to replace or a tie rod end type on one end. A dry steer test will immediately show wether or not your track bar needs attention

I've heard of it, I know what it does and what it is supposed to do. But, there is this little thing called steering axis inclination. Essentially the upper and lower balljoint centerlines (the steering axis) are leaned back for caster and then leaned inward. The consequence of that is as you turn lock to lock from straight, one steering arm rises, and one steering arm lowers. The only time they are level is when the tires are straight ahead. As such, the joints have to be ball type so they can turn multiple directions relative to the pivot axis at each joint. And, each joint, pitman to draglink, draglink to knuckle, and at the knuckles also have to be ball joints for the same reason. As the pitman swings, the distance away from the axle is moving so the compound movement in the balls is able to follow.

If the cure were a viable solution, then all we would do is build ball bearing joints and through bolt them to each steering arm, they would hardly ever wear out, they could be sealed and that would be awesome. The problem is the joints have to do more than rotate in a flat plane so trapping anything between the body of the rod end and the steering arm is just a bullshit band-aid.
Perfect explanation

I’m not going to try to solve your problem, I can barely handle my own, but If you haven’t been on here much the guy with wizard in his avatar can help you.

Yogi Berra said “it ain’t braggin’ if you can do it.”

Answer his questions, try to grasp what he is saying, and he can help you both deal with what you are dealing with and help you understand it better.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
I’m not going to try to solve your problem, I can barely handle my own, but If you haven’t been on here much the guy with wizard in his avatar can help you.

Yogi Berra said “it ain’t braggin’ if you can do it.”

Answer his questions, try to grasp what he is saying, and he can help you both deal with what you are dealing with and understand it better.