Need some general specs

JBUBB

I'm getting ready to buy a mesh top for my 05 TJ unlimited. The problem is, the company I ordered one from has taken over a month now and still can't promise it for another month. I've decided to cancel the order and order from someone else. I'm looking at a full shade top that fits a regular TJ but think it would work on my unlimited. My question is, is the distance from the sound bar to the windshield the same on an unlimited TJ as it is on a regular TJ? If it is, which I think it is, this top would work but would slide up the rear roll bars about 4 to 6 inches. Check it out. BTW, the reason I'm asking is because this is a 2 piece top and if the distance between the sound bar and the windshield isn't the same, it would leave a gap.
https://www.quadratec.com/products/11344_027x_pg.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for the response JeepNWilly and yes, you're right about it being a one piece. I had been looking at several and got it mixed up with another one that actually was made for an Unlimited. I was pretty sure about the spacing between the soundbar and the windshield but thought I'd check anyway. Thanks again.

Reactions: JeepNWilly
I measured 32.5 inches from windshield center to front pad of the sound bar.
97 TJ SE
20180525_135927.jpg