Need some ideas!

A.J.

Supporting Member
I have a 2005 TJ that is pretty much brand new. I have done as much to it as I can without any body work or replacing major components. My problem is that my Jeep is black and it came with black wheels. Althought I like the look of the black on black, I want a more brighten wheel either a silver painted or chrome. When I looked for wheels, I could not find a place that had a good selection. My father had a 2000 TJ, Yellow with chrome 15" wheels and man was it sharp. I know this is a opinion, most people love the black on black, I just wanted to know if there were places that have options for wheels other than black. Looking at 15" or 16" hopefully 16" since my tires are brand new! I know they are old, but I loved the TJ Canyon wheels! Would almost like to get a used set and paint them!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I personally hate black wheels. I think it's one of the worst looks there is (next to angry bird grilles). However, you should go with whatever suits your taste best, as it is YOUR Jeep after all.

For the biggest selection on wheels, check TireRack, Extreme Terrain, and Quadratec. All of those places have wheels in way more colors than just black.

Thanks guys! Yes, I am not a fan of the black wheel. Not big enough fan of the wheel to paint it. Gonna check out thise websites and will post if I find something good!
Thanks again!

What about 'Black Chrome' wheels.... not as dull as black but not as shiny at chrome..
1544742955229.png

Definitely try Tirerack as others suggested. Also search Google Images for "Black Jeep [Insert color of wheel here] Wheels" and see what you like. It's such a subjective topic. Personally, I hate shiny chrome wheels as much as Chris hates black wheels, LOL. I've never been a fan of black on black either, but I'm also not a fan of silver on silver. For me, contrast is King and complementary colors are such for a reason. I love silver wheels on black Jeeps, but I also I love black wheels on silver Jeeps. Looks like a nice slate you have to work with. Pick something you like and you can't go wrong!

Reminds me of my old hot rodding days, amazing what a little can of "chrome" spray paint could do
to a set of stock Chevy steel wheels. I had to touch them up every couple years. Had a balance place tell me they did not balance "chrome" wheels one time. I had to tell him to take a closer look. Ha Ha

Few choices back then, zillions now. Good luck to you.

I have the hated Black on black Jeep/wheel combo. I have grown to dislike it a little but I don’t mind it. I found some like new Ravines and can’t wait to get them mounted up. I think it looks better than most aftermarket wheels but the backspacing is 5.5” and I need spacers. I’ll be mounting them soon. Here’s a pic of the spare for now.
6e6c87770b8c37b2ff08c5f8aa3f4f06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the hated Black on black Jeep/wheel combo. I have grown to dislike it a little but I don’t mind it. I found some like new Ravines and can’t wait to get them mounted up. I think it looks better than most aftermarket wheels but the backspacing is 5.5” and I need spacers. I’ll be mounting them soon. Here’s a pic of the spare for now. View attachment 67852

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jay P What size tire have you mounted on the Ravine ?
I Love my Ravines and would like to use them as well. I was thinking about a 32x11.50 , I would like to stay away from spacers if possible......

Summit Racing has a good selection of wheels. I'm pretty partial to the AR23. I might be going that route some day.

I also like the American Racing series, fits with the classic look of our jeeps. The AR23s are cool, i also like the Outlaw IIs.

If that’s not your style I think Extereme Terrain Mammoth Boulder in Charcoal look pretty good as do the Quadratec Rubicon exteremes. 15” rims for TJs give you lots of tire options.