Need stereo help

rubicube

TJ Enthusiast
I have a alpine cde143bt put a new quadratic sub speaker in and infinity in the front and bar above so when I play fm or CD's the sub works good but when I stream it doesn't work,,,has to be in the settings somewhere right...I went thu then and set LPF an HPF but still no sub when streaming....

I have to admit that I do everything to my jeep//fixed the AC/New clutch /new cat's o2's I even install the stereo but I'm not good at tech stereo shit...hi fi stuff.

Me neither..I don't usually put stereos in my jeeps

Reactions: rubicube
I have a alpine cde143bt put a new quadratic sub speaker in and infinity in the front and bar above so when I play fm or CD's the sub works good but when I stream it doesn't work,,,has to be in the settings somewhere right...I went thu then and set LPF an HPF but still no sub when streaming....

How does the streaming work? Is it built into the head unit or did you add Bluetooth capability as an aftermarket feature?

Edit: I see the head unit name has BT in it, so I assume it’s built in. I was asking in case the Bluetooth connection was tapping into wires in a way that skipped the sub. I did that once.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
How does the streaming work? Is it built into the head unit or did you add Bluetooth capability as an aftermarket feature?

ya thats what BT at the end of the product code means...I think all brands do that when it's built in,,,I stream from my iPhone using amazon music.so I thought was I have to set the audio stuff for each play mode,,,so I went to fm and set everything then cd then usb then bluetooth...
but no luck,,,sub is good on fm cd but not BT...so the stereo is put the low signals to my infinity's an sometimes they distort,,,they don't when I play fm,,,but I live in the middle of nowhere,,so fm is iffy specially if I'm jeeping an drop into a canyon.

Last edited:
ya thats what BT at the end of the product code means...I think all brands do that when it's built in,,,I stream from my iPhone using amazon music.
I use apple music and under settings for that app there is an option for EQ. You can choose preset equalizer options or do custom. I would look in that direction with the app and see if that makes a difference.

Do the rear speakers work when using the bluetooth connection? If not you will need to go in to the bluetooth audio speaker setting and select ALL.

I have a similar head unit (164BT). The bass on/off is a global setting. Not something that can be set per source. Play with the MX setting (which can be customized per source) and the db+- that can also be set per source.

ok I looked on another forum an think I got it fig.out but I need help on wiring ...they said that in the harness the blue wire is for power ant or subwoofer....so the blue wire only has power to the sub when radio is on,,,it says crutcfield told this guy that you have to run the wire from the sub to a ign switched source,,,ok so where do I run the wire to...so the sub is on when the key is on..so can I take a wire with a 3amp fuse {thats what crutch said to use }an splice it to the amp wire an run it to a fuse in the block behind the glove box.

ok I looked on another forum an think I got it fig.out but I need help on wiring ...they said that in the harness the blue wire is for power ant or subwoofer....so the blue wire only has power to the sub when radio is on,,,it says crutcfield told this guy that you have to run the wire from the sub to a ign switched source,,,ok so where do I run the wire to...so the sub is on when the key is on..so can I take a wire with a 3amp fuse {thats what crutch said to use }an splice it to the amp wire an run it to a fuse in the block behind the glove box.

That blue wire is a "turn on" wire. Meaning when the head unit is turned on, that blue wire tells the sub to also turn on (or a power antenna to raise). If your sub works with CD, the blue wire is not your issue.

Reactions: SSTJ and Necro
That blue wire is a "turn on" wire. Meaning when the head unit is turned on, that blue wire tells the sub to also turn on (or a power antenna to raise). If your sub works with CD, the blue wire is not your issue.

jus checked it the sub is only working in fm,,so where should I run it to.and the install directions say to hook the sub to the blue.shit I installed 4 yrs ago an im sure I hooked the sub to the blue ,,I jus started streaming this year..

jus checked it the sub is only working in fm

jus checked it the sub is only working in fm,,so where should I run it to.

Your OP said your sub worked with CD. Regardless, your sub works so your wiring must be correct. If the sub is working with FM (or CD), you want to look at the settings you can customize per source like db+-, MS settings, equalizer settings.

jus checked it the sub is only working in fm

The wire is your problem then. I dismissed it at first since your original post indicated the sub worked with the CD. Your Alpine unit should have a blue and a blue/white wire. You need to use the blue/white wire as it is the remote turn on.

Reactions: Akitadog
Your OP said your sub worked with CD. Regardless, your sub works so your wiring must be correct. If the sub is working with FM (or CD), you want to look at the settings you can customize per source like db+-, MS settings, equalizer settings.

I will look at that before I tear into thnx.

The wire is your problem then. I dismissed it at first since your original post indicated the sub worked with the CD. Your Alpine unit should have a blue and a blue/white wire. You need to use the blue/white wire as it is the remote turn on.

ya my bad im an idiot with stereo shit...

so where's the best place to slice in to..