Need suggestions on a quieter street tire

04RedLJ

TJ Enthusiast
Well I just purchased a 2005 LJ with a 4inch lift and 35x12.5x15 tires. The jeep has the 3.73 rear. I’d like to drop down to 33’s with a more road friendly quieter tire. I have 35’inch Mickey Thompson’s on there now and they are a heavy loud tire. This LJ will not be seeing off road and it’s a low mileage 60k Queen. I just need a nice quieter street tire.
Any suggestions?

I have 33” KO2s on my TJ with approx
20k on them. Still as quiet as day one.
Yeah, they are much quieter than my Duratracs were for sure. I was impressed with how quiet the KO2s were.

I also feel like the tires I have on there now may be a tad too big. Just seem heavy on the road. Could also be the aggressive tread

I have Falken wildprak at3w on my 4Runner and they are mostly used for road. A good looking tire and are not loud at all. I have about 30k on them too and they still have a ton of tread. But just looked at pricing for 33x12.5x 15, $220 a tire, Geez.

I bought my LJ with a 35 BFG KM2's already on it. I just switched to 33 10.50 General Grabber X3's and I could not believe the difference. To be fair the BFG's were extremely worn out but it felt like a completely different jeep. Plus the red letters look awesome.

I have Firestone Destination A/T's on my TJ, they are very quiet.
How are those on the Jeep? I had them on my Ram and they had zero traction on wet pavement and were completely shot in about 30k miles. The Firestone store basically left me hang out to dry on the mileage warranty.

Well I just purchased a 2005 LJ with a 4inch lift and 35x12.5x15 tires. The jeep has the 3.73 rear. I’d like to drop down to 33’s with a more road friendly quieter tire. I have 35’inch Mickey Thompson’s on there now and they are a heavy loud tire. This LJ will not be seeing off road and it’s a low mileage 60k Queen. I just need a nice quieter street tire.
Any suggestions?
I sell tires every day (not Sundays)...
Any all season tire is what you need. That's all.
Brand?.....who cares.
The round kind.

An all terrain is marginally better off road than an all season.

The problem...
Is size...
33x12.50x15...
Nearly 99.9 percent of what you'll find will be an All terrain tire
The quietest tire I could tell you as a light truck tire is a BFGoodrich TA Sport.
I sell tons. The problem is to get a 33" you have to get them in a 20" rim.
They only do a 235/75 in a 15".

31.8 is the tallest in a 16"/17/18"

Two other
Hankook Dynapro AT2 is not really an All terrain in the General Grabber/BfG AT realm..

But it's an ultra mild AT tire.
They do a 33x12.50x15

https://www.hankooktire.com/us/passenger-cars/hankook-dynapro-at2-rf11.html

The Kenda Klever AT has a 33x12.50x15
very quiet!!!
kr28_angle_klever_at_shadow.jpg

Good luck

Reactions: Ron505
If you're looking for AT, give the procomp at sport a look.

Specifically the PCT43312515 are load range C that should fit. I will be switching to those from my load range E eventually

I am quite happy with the on road sound of them and have been happy on trails as well.

Last edited:
How are those on the Jeep? I had them on my Ram and they had zero traction on wet pavement and were completely shot in about 30k miles. The Firestone store basically left me hang out to dry on the mileage warranty.
They are very good in the rain, and on wet streets. I only have about 6000 on them and they are wearing great.