Lug nut recommendations

Just playing with you. Locking lug nuts are a PITA. Personally I just go with the chrome nuts on silver wheels.
Black wheels, black nuts.
It a personal choise. But I still like the valve stems.

On a personal note, my nuts are fine, it the ratchet I'm having problems with! :jaja-no:

Reactions: Phungki
Harbor freight has a cheap solution for locking lugs, reversed threaded socket between wrench and lugnut...the one time I didn’t have one took about 20 min to drill out the stud....changing tires on a buddy’s jeep

Pound a tight fitting socket on there and turn them off. Socket might be damaged or the lock stuck in it really tight. Might be able to knock it our with a punch from the back side. Just be prepared to possibly lose that socket. Maybe find the size you need and get a cheap one somewhere that you don’t mind losing.

Wheel locks are gay.

I have chrome McGuards. Not a spot of rust after 12 years. Real lug nuts.

I like to say my jeep even has high performance lug nuts.

https://mcgard.com
Life is tough, You need nuts that match!

I just ordered chrome McGard's. The Mickey Thompson site FAQ says use 60 degree conical bulge style so that's what I got. I'd check your wheel manufacturer's recommendation for lug nut requirements.

I just ordered chrome McGard's. The Mickey Thompson site FAQ says use 60 degree conical bulge style so that's what I got. I'd check your wheel manufacturer's recommendation for lug nut requirements.
TRevs speaks the truth... Checking with the wheel manufacturer is the best suggestion yet. If you are not familiar with your particular wheel it will tell you if it is hub or lug (likely) centric and if you need taper lugs (likely). From there, I suggest a set of McGards of your choice.

Assuming theft is not rampant in your neck of the woods I personally would stay away from locking lugs if you wheel the Jeep. Imaging the frustration of forgetting or losing your key and needing to make a trail side swap.

Your spare which is most vulnerable to theft can be secured with a length of chain wrapped in an old inner tube to keep it quiet and fastened with a padlock keyed to the ignition.

Reactions: Zorba
Your spare which is most vulnerable to theft can be secured with a length of chain wrapped in an old inner tube to keep it quiet and fastened with a padlock keyed to the ignition.
Ala:
00.jpg

... although I didn't bother with the "keyed to ignition" part, but it might be nice!

Stay away from 'DPAccessories'. Picked them up off Amazon with good reviews and an option for wheel locks. 4 years later and spotted with rust.