New AEV TJ highline hood on eBay (yes this is the real AEV hood)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like you should just sell the AEV hood and fenders and go with GR. You could likely pocket a few k even after paint.

Last I looked AEV highline kits were going for $5000 in used shape and $7000 in new old stock shape.

So yes, you're likely right. The GenRight fenders (front and rear) alone are a little under $2000.

I think this hood may have been the source of the GenRight carbon fiber hood they had for a little while. I do not recall coming across this site before in my searching before buying the DuraFlex hood.

And just saw this thread about the new source GenRight has for FG and CF TJ high line hoods. Looks really good. Maybe Off-Road Fiberglass makes these, too. I think I need to put a call into GenRight and get pricing.

I think this hood may have been the source of the GenRight carbon fiber hood they had for a little while. I do not recall coming across this site before in my searching before buying the DuraFlex hood.

And just saw this thread about the new source GenRight has for FG and CF TJ high line hoods. Looks really good. Maybe Off-Road Fiberglass makes these, too. I think I need to put a call into GenRight and get pricing.
https://genright.com/products/jeep-wrangler-tj-lj-duraflex-heat-reduction-hood-for-hi-fenders.html
Says it still requires finish work and is not show ready.

Reactions: Starrs
People dont read that shit. Or they do read it but complain anyways...
I haven't even tried fitting my hood but just the build quality is awful. The opinions of people who have tried or are using the hood have yet to be positive, in my experience.

They should be adding it to their site soon. No official date.
Steel?? That would be something.

Reactions: Starrs
I haven't even tried fitting my hood but just the build quality is awful. The opinions of people who have tried or are using the hood have yet to be positive, in my experience.

Steel?? That would be something.
Yes steel, among others. Dont count it, or rather, dont believe it until you see it. Its one of those kinds of things, if you know what I mean.

Yes steel, among others. Dont count it, or rather, dont believe it until you see it. Its one of those kinds of things, if you know what I mean.
If the high line fiberglass and carbon fiber versions they showed off in their Facebook video in early April are nice enough, there may not be a need for a steel version. In the video, Tony said "you can literally just put these on your Jeep" so hopefully that holds true and it's a paint and install type products like the AEV hood was.

If the high line fiberglass and carbon fiber versions they showed off in their Facebook video in early April are nice enough, there may not be a need for a steel version. In the video, Tony said "you can literally just put these on your Jeep" so hopefully that holds true and it's a paint and install type products like the AEV hood was.
Will they offer a non highline variant also?

Reactions: zebra12
I have had one of the Duraflex highline hoods on one of my Jeeps for roughly a year. Here’s what I’ve noticed. After fixing a lot of molding errors it doesn’t look perfect. It has no support in the center behind the vent, and is really floppy. The clips that holds the grate have started to break off. The front edge is starting to delaminate and crack. The hood also is bubbling in places where the fiberglass has pulled away from the gel coat. I saw the add up on eBay but traveling to Arkansas is out of the question right now for me. Plus As cheap as it is for an original dropping 2k on a hood would not make the lady happy right now.

I actually saw this last week, thought about it, but then realized GenRight makes one for a better price (y)
Anyone running the Genright highline hood? It looks exactly like my duraflex hood which makes me think Genright is just selling the duraflex hood under their own name. If so, the duraflex hood comes in pretty rough but my body shop cleaned it up and installed it for considerably less than $2k. I had the hood cleaned up and installed, the windshield replaced, frame straightened, saf-t-caps welded on, frame painted, and entire body painted for less than $5k (including the cost of the hood).

Status
Not open for further replies.