New buggy project

TNHEADDUCK

TJ Enthusiast
Little project I been working on, trying to get ready for a Thanksgiving shakedown run. Nothing fancy just a lightweight, narrow buggy. Should bee pretty capable.

Jason

IMG_1816.JPG

IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_1817.JPG

Little project I been working on, trying to get ready for a Thanksgiving shakedown run. Nothing fancy just a lightweight, narrow buggy. Should bee pretty capable.

Jason
Hey Jason,

I've been wondering about something like this. Is this complicated to build? I'm thinking you need an engine, a tranny, a TCase, some beefy axles, lockers, big tires, and a home made frame. Maybe a truggy with a re-gear would be simpler. Is that about it?

Reactions: ac_
This is my 4th one to build, I always buy a store-bought chassis from a reputable builder and assemble the rest myself. This is an old Rich Schumass chassis that is in great condition, has one bent tube behind the A pillar on the passengers' side. I have added a few bars here and there on all of my builds but never tried to bend one out by myself. I have gathered all used parts for this one and reconditioned them as needed, I have around $14000.00 in it as it sets and its mostly done. The little things that you don't think about add up quick. But as far as complicated you have to have mechanical ability and I'm not talking about being able to change oil.

Jason

Reactions: KCsTJ and JMT
The two on the left or for the front and rear axles out of the transfer case,the middle one is the gearshift for the Transmisson. the far right one is the cutting brakes for the rear brakes, it lets you do what is known as a front dig which allows you to cut sharper. The rear axle has a spool and the front has a locker. It utilizes drive slugs instead of lockouts, I’m getting closer but may not make thanksgiving date probably be middle of December, I️ had rather work on it in the garage instead of on the trail

Man I bet you need to be an octopus to drive that thing!

That is cool and it speaks volumes about your mechanical aptitude.

I hope it’s more like stick it in one gear point it and hang on, I️ am a crawler type guy instead of of a hill shooter. When you get close to 60 it hurts more LOL.

Reactions: JMT
Amen . I'm 52 this month ...all the stuff I said wasn't bothering me in my 30's , kills me now .

Noticed I tend to sit down to put on my socks , etc.

Hey , we may not be young and wild , but we are older and wiser and can afford toys!

Youth is wasted on the young .

Reactions: JMT and lowranger