New carpet options?

Well you are too late now, because I already ordered my set, but I ordered the extra thick carpet and the extra padding. I also ordered some extra carpet in case I decide to get rid of my center console. I have been driving around with just mats now, but it is crazy hot. I mean it is like 113 degrees outside and the heat coming up from the floor is beating the air conditioning inside. I didn't notice it till I took the stock carpet out. I figure the stock carpet lasted over 20 years this carpet is supposed to be close, if not better, so I am hoping to get another 20K out of them.

Honestly, I need all of the cooling I can get. It gets down right hot here.
I just ordered samples from them.

I have the bed tread. I am not impossible with it. It doesn't matter what I do, i cant get it to stay down. It just keeps popping out from the center console. Also it doesn't like the area near the gas pedal.

Reactions: ac_
I just ordered samples from them.

I have the bed tread. I am not impossible with it. It doesn't matter what I do, i cant get it to stay down. It just keeps popping out from the center console. Also it doesn't like the area near the gas pedal.
Have you tried a heat gun? Could try suggesting it stat down with that, or grab some strong roll of velcro.

Well you are too late now, because I already ordered my set, but I ordered the extra thick carpet and the extra padding. I also ordered some extra carpet in case I decide to get rid of my center console. I have been driving around with just mats now, but it is crazy hot. I mean it is like 113 degrees outside and the heat coming up from the floor is beating the air conditioning inside. I didn't notice it till I took the stock carpet out. I figure the stock carpet lasted over 20 years this carpet is supposed to be close, if not better, so I am hoping to get another 20K out of them.

I too installed the extra thick carpet and padding, it makes a huge difference. Like I may have said, there is a modest amount of trimming to get a final fitment that you will be happy with. I would say that they come 90% ready. A few snips here and a few snips there and I have a better than factory carpeted interior!

I have the bedtred too. Soooo not worth $200 for just the front area. It is basically the cheap foam that you put under that cheap snap together flooring with a coating on top. I had a real hard time around the gas pedal also. The trick was to get it tucked under the heat outlet and everything else on the tranny hump. Then it will pop down flat under the gas pedal. Had to pull the seats and center console to get it in place. And had to trim around seat mounts quit a bit. Highly recommend you save your money. I think crack would be a better investment. Should have sent it straight back, but the reviews were so great I gave it a chance. Now that I had to cut it I get to keep it. Yea me! And there is no way it slips in and out from the console easily unless you trim the crap out of it. And then I doubt it would stay in place. It is slippery top and bottom.

I have the bedtred too. Soooo not worth $200 for just the front area. It is basically the cheap foam that you put under that cheap snap together flooring with a coating on top. I had a real hard time around the gas pedal also. The trick was to get it tucked under the heat outlet and everything else on the tranny hump. Then it will pop down flat under the gas pedal. Had to pull the seats and center console to get it in place. And had to trim around seat mounts quit a bit. Highly recommend you save your money. I think crack would be a better investment. Should have sent it straight back, but the reviews were so great I gave it a chance. Now that I had to cut it I get to keep it. Yea me! And there is no way it slips in and out from the console easily unless you trim the crap out of it. And then I doubt it would stay in place. It is slippery top and bottom.

Admittedly, to ensure that my install went without issue, I had already removed both front seats (replace the bolts, don't reuse the old ones - I gave up on the Torx and went with Hex head), removed the back seat, and removed the console. That made everything sooooooo much easier.

Admittedly, to ensure that my install went without issue, I had already removed both front seats (replace the bolts, don't reuse the old ones - I gave up on the Torx and went with Hex head), removed the back seat, and removed the console. That made everything sooooooo much easier.
Did the same and I think this is the best option. Take everything out, give it a good clean, install the carpet, and then install everything over the carpet.

Reactions: ac_ and BobK
Did the same and I think this is the best option. Take everything out, give it a good clean, install the carpet, and then install everything over the carpet.

Not only did I take everything out, I sanded some light rust near the drain holes, then used 3M scouring type pads to rough up the entire interior tub, then spray painted the entire tub (rattle cans), masking off the dash and door panels.

When it was all done, I was impressed.

By now you should have had it installed and been running the new carpet for at least a month. What do you think of it, I'm considering doing the exact same thing. Pics?

Been reading this thread. I have the original carpet in mine. Not in bad shape, but at some point I need to change it out. I thought bedrug was the best? Wrong?
I thought that too but I'm starting to see more complaints about it being too thin, with top and doors off its wants to blow around, it wears down quickly at the heel pad and is actually very cheap material. Also, the price on Amazon has gone up $100 over the past year leading me to pursue other options.

I thought that too but I'm starting to see more complaints about it being too thin, with top and doors off its wants to blow around, it wears down quickly at the heel pad and is actually very cheap material. Also, the price on Amazon has gone up $100 over the past year leading me to pursue other options.

Can we still buy Mopar? I haven't looked yet, but my original might still be good for a few more years, so maybe anything that lasts that long would be the best option??

Thanks. Sucks when products get higher in price, but quality isn't very good. "Blowing around" sounds like garbage!

Can we still buy Mopar? I haven't looked yet, but my original might still be good for a few more years, so maybe anything that lasts that long would be the best option??

Thanks. Sucks when products get higher in price, but quality isn't very good. "Blowing around" sounds like garbage!

I have not seen a Mopar branded replacement carpet. Many folks like the Bedrug brand (to each his own), but when I bought a set to put in my JKUR a few years ago, I ended up sending back. At the time I thought it was rather thin and a poor replacement for stock. Then again, I can't remember what style of their product I actually bought.

This time around, I am restoring/refurbing a 2003 TJ and I decided I wanted a total upgrade and bought the stockinteriors.com brand sight unseen and I could not be happier. I just put the complete set in my 2003, they look great, fit great (with a bit of trimming), and looks better than original.

I have not seen a Mopar branded replacement carpet. Many folks like the Bedrug brand (to each his own), but when I bought a set to put in my JKUR a few years ago, I ended up sending back. At the time I thought it was rather thin and a poor replacement for stock. Then again, I can't remember what style of their product I actually bought.

This time around, I am restoring/refurbing a 2003 TJ and I decided I wanted a total upgrade and bought the stockinteriors.com brand sight unseen and I could not be happier. I just put the complete set in my 2003, they look great, fit great (with a bit of trimming), and looks better than original.
Thanks for the info!

I did and I am sorry I didn't post it here. I posted it in "what did you do to your tj" so I will recap

I ordered the bedrug, and it was horrible in my opinion. It was really thin and it was cut so bad that it wouldn't go up into the center console.

I ended up getting the kit from stockinteriors.com. I ordered the extra think and the padding. I like it much better than the bedrug for sure, but the cuts are not straight or even so in some places they don't line up with the edges. The carpet is thick and nice and keeps the heat and the noise out, but looks shabby on the edges. It is like they didn't cut the lines straight so it jagged, but it is too short to straighten out so It has jagged edges on the back sides mostly.

I went with the Quadratec floor mats and they look and fit great. I would recommend this carpet over the bedrug even though it wasn't cut great, but the carpet itself is really good. If you were going to buy bedrug front and rear it would probably only save you 100 bucks, but I bet it won't last as long as this.

IMG-1951.JPG

IMG-1953.JPG

IMG-2038.JPG

You might be disappointed if your Jeep was a show car, but since mine is not the carpet works out good. Plus I could hide the edges with some sort of trim if I wanted.

I did and I am sorry I didn't post it here. I posted it in "what did you do to your tj" so I will recap

I ordered the bedrug, and it was horrible in my opinion. It was really thin and it was cut so bad that it wouldn't go up into the center console.

I ended up getting the kit from stockinteriors.com. I ordered the extra think and the padding. I like it much better than the bedrug for sure, but the cuts are not straight or even so in some places they don't line up with the edges. The carpet is thick and nice and keeps the heat and the noise out, but looks shabby on the edges. It is like they didn't cut the lines straight so it jagged, but it is too short to straighten out so It has jagged edges on the back sides mostly.

I went with the Quadratec floor mats and they look and fit great. I would recommend this carpet over the bedrug even though it wasn't cut great, but the carpet itself is really good. If you were going to buy bedrug front and rear it would probably only save you 100 bucks, but I bet it won't last as long as this.

View attachment 118225

View attachment 118226

View attachment 118227

You might be disappointed if your Jeep was a show car, but since mine is not the carpet works out good. Plus I could hide the edges with some sort of trim if I wanted.

Awesome, thanks for the review!

View attachment 118225

View attachment 118226

View attachment 118227

Man now im going to have to look at yours before i order a set for myself.
I was hopeful that it would be better then you are saying.

I think Velcro made the original stuff. Snags every thing.

I have my oem still , I put felt noise pad under it. It’s like a little pick up when the hard top is on.