New Dick Cepek Fun Country Install

TRevs

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I wanted to share some pics of my new tires. The jeep came with decrepit Hankooks that were overdue for replacement. I heard about the KO2 and I'm sure they're great, but I wanted something different. I saw Dick Cepeks on an F-250 run by one of the tour companies in Ouray which was a good enough endorsement for me.

I love the look of the tread. We'll see how they do this winter.

(apologies if the fake bead lock isn't in style; they were the wheels it came with and I have a long list of fixes/upgrades before I consider new wheels)

IMG_6719.JPG
IMG_6720.JPG
IMG_6721.JPG

When I was growing up (70’s-80’s) a guy in our jeep club has a set of those in 33’s on a hardtop CJ3a. They kicked a$$ in the snow

Reactions: mrjp
How have you liked the Fun Country tires? I have been considering them
The tires have been excellent. (One caveat: this is my first Jeep and first experience with all-terrain tires so take the following for what it's worth.)

They've been on a 900-mile winter road trip and were very satisfactory in slush/snow-covered ice. On mild-moderate trails they've met expectations: good traction without slippage, no damage to sidewalls or treadblocks (I'm not heavy on the throttle). Road noise I would say is moderate.

I've been wishing I had 10.5" tires (mainly for the look and maybe a little more stability at high speed) and would consider swapping these out, but through no disappointment with the tires themselves.

It looks like the Fun Country has been discontinued (https://dickcepek.com/#tires); I got them because they seemed halfway between the tamer Trail Country and the aggressive mud terrain Extreme Country.

Reactions: ManWithJeep