New Diesel Jeep

Yea. I think the thing that makes our Tj's though IS the 4.0 or 2.5. Granted I have had my share of problems but these are great engines for 4 wheeling!!

Yea. I think the thing that makes our Tj's though IS the 4.0 or 2.5. Granted I have had my share of problems but these are great engines for 4 wheeling!!

They are. The 4.0 is an amazingly sturdy engine. It's like people who say it's not a Jeep if it's an auto but they have an LS and Ford 9", they took the heart out.

But at a certain point when things fail, like my 22 year old engine will eventually, you have to think about what would be put in it today. You can always get a new L6 to just drop in. But maybe a modern engine is better for the purpose?

The specs look nice, the duramax Chevy put in the ZR2's seem underwhelming to me.

However, that engine out of the Ram with the lighter platform should perform well and get good MPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex01
I've seen the 1.8T saying 30 mph highway! And 2-3 times the trail time per gallon. May be bulls#it, but that would be incredible if even close to true. Too bad so many got turned back in. My brother in law had one I was eyeing for to come . Had a line on an old Rabbit diesel that fell out too. Seems I'm getting too old and too slow.