New engine sputtering

So I just got a new 2.5 liter rebuild from Jasper put in professionally with the install kit. The kit includes all the bells and whistles like water pump hoses belts thermostats spark plugs distributor and so forth. I have a new problem there's no Rhyme or Reason to this problem. It only happens when I'm in first or second gear accelerating from a stop. It is not happening when I downshift and I have not felt it in 3rd 4th or 5th. It feels like when an engine used to choke out. It jerks a little bit. It does not rev up as if the clutch is slipping. Also when I got the new engine I got the clutch serviced as well with a new flywheel and clutch plate. When I try to recreate the problem I cannot it just happens randomly. It doesn't matter if the engine is warm or cold. There are no check engine lights so there's no codes. Any thoughts out there?

So I just got a new 2.5 liter rebuild from Jasper put in professionally with the install kit. The kit includes all the bells and whistles like water pump hoses belts thermostats spark plugs distributor and so forth. I have a new problem there's no Rhyme or Reason to this problem. It only happens when I'm in first or second gear accelerating from a stop. It is not happening when I downshift and I have not felt it in 3rd 4th or 5th. It feels like when an engine used to choke out. It jerks a little bit. It does not rev up as if the clutch is slipping. Also when I got the new engine I got the clutch serviced as well with a new flywheel and clutch plate. When I try to recreate the problem I cannot it just happens randomly. It doesn't matter if the engine is warm or cold. There are no check engine lights so there's no codes. Any thoughts out there?
check the air filter and give that IAC and throttle body a good cleaning.

had my engine swapped with a new one about a month ago and had some idling issues.. when I took a look at the throttle it was dirty AF.. a good cleaning fixed mine.

hope that helps and that it’s that simple for you!

Reactions: Medicstrong222
Check basic stuff first. Loose wire or connection, bad ground point, moisture where it can cause issue, even something like a rag got left behind during assembly or installation. If it is a random event it is likley a random problem.

So I checked all wires and vacuum houses. All looks good. Cleaned out throttle body. Everything else is new. Less the 500 mile on the engine. I want having this problem with the old engine.

No CELs?
Like I said mine was having idle issues like you say once I got going it went away but I did eventually get a cel for cylinder not shooting and it was my coil pack
FYI I got a new Jasper engine too and it happened within 200 Miles of having it installed I had no prior problems with coil pack before the new engine.
I took it to the shop that did it and they said buy the part and bring it to them if I didn’t feel comfortable doing it myself. I just took it to a dealer bought the part and changed it like in 15 minutes and I was good to go no problems since.

No CELs?
Like I said mine was having idle issues like you say once I got going it went away but I did eventually get a cel for cylinder not shooting and it was my coil pack
FYI I got a new Jasper engine too and it happened within 200 Miles of having it installed I had no prior problems with coil pack before the new engine.
I took it to the shop that did it and they said buy the part and bring it to them if I didn’t feel comfortable doing it myself. I just took it to a dealer bought the part and changed it like in 15 minutes and I was good to go no problems since.
I haven't had any codes yet. Thank you for the info. I keep and eye on it.

Come to find out it was the distributor was bad. It wasn't caught when they put it in the new engine. But the downfall is after the new distributor was put in 20 miles later now the engine won't start at all. FML

Come to find out it was the distributor was bad. It wasn't caught when they put it in the new engine. But the downfall is after the new distributor was put in 20 miles later now the engine won't start at all. FML
ah I was technically right lol distributor is technically a coil pack right?
hmm not sure what the other would be. any symptoms? like does starter click or no?

ah I was technically right lol distributor is technically a coil pack right?
hmm not sure what the other would be. any symptoms? like does starter click or no?
I did put in a new coil. Then had to change the entire distributor. Had it for less the 50 miles now it won't fire up. Sent it back to the shop this morning.

Sounds like a bad cam sensor in the distributor and the aftermarket tend to be DOA out of the box.

Fyi, no coil packs on any 2,5.

Unfortunately found the new problem. The connector to the fuel pump has a short. Have to cut and put a new pig tail on. Found one that started out is one of the last ones in the USA. That was a lucky find.