Maine New England folks?

Yes, Monson Abbot, & Moosehead have all been bought up by people "from away"! They are turning it into an artsy, fartsy, treehugging commune and posting everything up. The side by sides have become such a nuisance that they changed the laws banning the use of them in alot of areas. They are also allowing Jeeps back on the "jeep trails" that the atvs took over. If ever in Monson' Spring Street Barbecue is an absolute must stop. Geez you can smell it for miles and it is delicious!
Same issue with side by sides out west, spend a few years working for the US Forest service. Definitely ready to get back up after mud season, learned my lesson last spring going out some trails in May and almost sinking immediately to the frame.

Same issue with side by sides out west, spend a few years working for the US Forest service. Definitely ready to get back up after mud season, learned my lesson last spring going out some trails in May and almost sinking immediately to the frame.
My dad retired from the US Forest Service when they closed the Bethel Office, he spent his whole civilian career working there. They need a ton more money then get now. Trail maintenance and up keep is way down, at least locally.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ardenlonewolf
My dad retired from the US Forest Service when they closed the Bethel Office, he spent his whole civilian career working there. They need a ton more money then get now. Trail maintenance and up keep is way down, at least locally.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
because all the money goes to the massive fire camps out west during the smokey season and the timber sales down after EPA was created. I worked on two hotshot crews in SD and Oregon and did a lot of trail work before the season kicked off, one national forest I worked only had two seasonal trail maintenance employees and a intern to do everything. Best times of my life.

Reactions: wigsajumper
Just wanted to 'bump' this thread....I Live on the north shore in MA and am going to be scouting out some trails in NH and western MA in a few weeks. Anyone with any experience with them or suggestions to try out? I just got a TJ and am getting some gear ready. Let me know. Thanks

Yes, Monson Abbot, & Moosehead have all been bought up by people "from away"! They are turning it into an artsy, fartsy, treehugging commune and posting everything up. The side by sides have become such a nuisance that they changed the laws banning the use of them in alot of areas. They are also allowing Jeeps back on the "jeep trails" that the atvs took over. If ever in Monson' Spring Street Barbecue is an absolute must stop. Geez you can smell it for miles and it is delicious!

MAINE girl, Have you or anyone else ever been to Caribou or Presque Isle ? or up in that N.E Corner ?

Last edited:
I'm still on the northshore MA, have a 05 rubicon now days and been working on it last few weeks getting ready for trails. I know a few good class 6 trails in NH that i ride with a Yota guys.

Reactions: ToddK
I’m in Sandwich on the cape but willing to go anywhere for some trails! Moved out here last year from Vegas so I don’t know any trails around here yet

I'm still on the northshore MA, have a 05 rubicon now days and been working on it last few weeks getting ready for trails. I know a few good class 6 trails in NH that i ride with a Yota guys.
Thats cool, any close to the border or are they pretty far up? @OHFIVETJ I haven't been too far up in Maine either. I used to race dirt bikes up there at MX207

@Yeti08 good to know. I work at a FD also with 2 24s/wk. Probably have to wait for the state to open back up anyway so maybe I'll check back in with you at the end of may/early June to see if I can get out west.

@Yeti08 good to know. I work at a FD also with 2 24s/wk. Probably have to wait for the state to open back up anyway so maybe I'll check back in with you at the end of may/early June to see if I can get out west.

the trails I know of out west, are private/ public land that wheeling is allowed. not state maintained so they havent shut them down. there also are some Private landowners that have given clubs access to wheel, but you need to be a member to wheel on. I am looking into memberships now.

I’m just north of Boston, got me a TJ in January. It’s stock for now but I’m definitely interested in hitting some trails. Hopefully we can get a group together this season.

Getting the rig ready for the season. I have a few trips planned but will also be hitting 508 Int. in Charlton.