New Falken Wildpeak M/Ts

MellowYellow

TJ Enthusiast
Falken Wildpeak MT's. Heard a lot of good things about the AT's, but I'm just an MT kinda guy. So far I love'em, but only 300 miles all on pavement. Maybe tomorrow or Monday I'll get to try them in the snow!! It'll be at least a month before I get to try them off-road...unless I hit the lottery.
IMG_20181208_123506228.jpg

Interesting. Mud Terrain tires but they appear to have some sort of siping at least.

That's cool! My BFG KM2 M/Ts have no siping whatsoever, so they aren't terribly great in the rain.

I had the Wildpeak AT on my old JKU, great looking tire, performed well at first but after 10K miles they broke free in the rain easier and despite rotating every 5K they developed a very noticeable cupping. And this was on a less than 3 year old JKU that had never been off pavement.

Keep us updated on them. I’ve seen them online several time and been debating on them and a few other brands.

Sure wish some more of these new tires would be come in 33 x 10.5. Good looking tires for sure, but I have really come to like the pizza cutters. Glad to see they are at least keeping some 15" options out there.

Still Loving the tires! Had them in 10 inches of snow and a few inches of mud, cleaned out good and kept asking for more. Good road manners in the rain and surprisingly quiet and smooth. Still a little early (only 1600 miles) but so far I have no complaints.

Still Loving the tires! Had them in 10 inches of snow and a few inches of mud, cleaned out good and kept asking for more. Good road manners in the rain and surprisingly quiet and smooth. Still a little early (only 1600 miles) but so far I have no complaints.

That’s great to hear. I’m deciding between these and the Milestar Pategonia MTs in 33s. Any other insights would be great and they are within a few $ a tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4,000 miles and I'm still impressed! 11 inches of snow, semi-serious mud and some fairly easy trail riding and the tires did great! I'm not set up for rocks and I haven't been in any "grit your teeth and hold on" mud, but the tires have performed great every day. Still smoother and quieter than any mud tire I've had.

4,000 miles and I'm still impressed! 11 inches of snow, semi-serious mud and some fairly easy trail riding and the tires did great! I'm not set up for rocks and I haven't been in any "grit your teeth and hold on" mud, but the tires have performed great every day. Still smoother and quieter than any mud tire I've had.

That’s great news. I ended getting them as well. Going to be putting them to the test later this month in the rocks/mud/hills. I’ll report back on the performance.

I took the rig out to Rausch Creek in PA and I gotta say, they tires performed fantastic. Lots of rocks and fallen trees and little bit of mud. They worked excellent in all conditions. Even wet tires over rocks wasn’t an issue. I aired them down to 14psi and I feel like I could have gone lower. I will try 12psi next time.