New from Florida

Ted Stradling

Hey everyone hope everyone is doing well. I just recently picked up an 06 tj after I got rid of my 2015 JKUR and im loving it. I will get some pictures up later on today. Its already has a 4" lift and 35s and that will do for just a little while, lol. Also, if anyone has any advice on front steering stabilizers let me know. Ive noticed that the front end kinda floats around a bit. It looks to have an older Rancho stabilizer on it now. Anyways, look forward to chatting it up.

Reactions: MikeyO
Ahhh, a JK convert! Why did you end up getting rid of your JK for the TJ? Not that I don't support that decision, being as though I'm a huge TJ fan (and this is a TJ forum, haha)!

Steering stabilizers do little to nothing at all. There is a lot of hype behind them that is nothing other than marketing b.s. and internet myths. The one I always recommend that I took from @Jerry Bransford (who originally recommended it to me) is this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C53XRK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Don't be deceived. It may be cheap and it may be solid black, but it's every bit as good as all the other ones out there that cost double just because they're painted a cool color and have a brand name sticker on them (i.e. Fox).

Your front floating around has nothing to do with the steering stabilizer though. What you're describing sounds like it may be bump steer (does it happen when you go over bumps at all?). What kind of steering setup do you have (i.e. stock, Currie, etc.)? Is it a stock pitman arm or a drop pitman arm?

Chris, I got rid of the Jk because of the price and i'm not rich by no means and I caught myself out playing with it like it was a $3k jeep, lol. I also needed a new truck and didn't want 2 payments and I had always loved the tj. Everything on the jeep appears stock besides the lift and rancho stabilizer. I will give that thread a look. Thank you.

Reactions: Chris
I hear you on the JK. Those things are 40k plus for a Rubicon, and while I'd love to have one as a second Jeep (I couldn't sell the TJ for one), I simply can't come to terms with paying 40k for a vehicle. The car payments on that would be nuts, and at that price, I'd be terrified of even getting a scratch on it. With the TJ being much more reasonably priced, I'm not as worried about a little scratch or something.

20171204_171225.jpg
20171204_171141.jpg
20171204_171225.jpg
20171204_171141.jpg
20171204_171130.jpg
20171201_160607.jpg
20171204_171225.jpg
20171204_171141.jpg
20171204_171130.jpg
20171201_160607.jpg
Yeah way to expensive to beat on lol. But here are some pics of the tj.

Nice, clean looking TJ, I dig it!

I always felt like a Jeep Wrangler was meant to be a toy, not an actual vehicle you use as your family car, or anything. Because of that, I could never justify the high cost of a JK. Don't get me wrong, I like them, I just don't want to pay that much money for a car that wouldn't be our primary transportation, and would likely end up going off-road anyways.

Nice set up...looks very unmolested which is a great thing as you can put your stamp on it.. 4in lift and 35's seem like a good starting point once you get that steering sorted... welcome.

Reactions: Chris