New from Fredneck MD

myers3512

Hi all. Wanted to say thanks for all the great resources here. Have been a long time lurker (just how I roll).

I just got my Red back on the road after a year long frame off restoration. All the info here was a huge help. Will try a pic if I can figure that out. My avatar is mid refurb!

Trying pic

IMG_0073_zpskjdkfcz9.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JP13 and Chris
Welcome out of the shadows! That's a great looking TJ you've got there.

I grew up in Montgomery County (Wheaton), moved to Columbia, and recently retired and moved to a free'er (and less expensive) state...Pennsyltucky. I used to hunt deer and go wheeling in Fredneck before it became a metropolis! Still hung out at Brewer's Alley occasionally. Nice looking ride!!!

I grew up in Montgomery County (Wheaton), moved to Columbia, and recently retired and moved to a free'er (and less expensive) state...Pennsyltucky. I used to hunt deer and go wheeling in Fredneck before it became a metropolis! Still hung out at Brewer's Alley occasionally. Nice looking ride!!!

Nice. I grew up in Ellicott city moved to Columbia and now Frederick also because it's cheaper and was less crowded (that is changing quickly!). Brewers Alley is still going.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
Welcome! Great looking TJ, what have you done so far?

Thanks. Its a long list but...Just finished a frame off refurb. Stripped and painted the frame, cross member, oil pan and header.

Put in new fuel pump, springs (ballistic fab rear upper spring mounts welded on), bilstien 4600's, all control arms, rear drums shoes hardware and cylinder, front discs pads and calipers, walker exhaust after the header, starter, ignition coil, plugs, cap and rotor, all hard and flex brake lines and the fuel line, valve cover and oil pan gaskets, heater core, power steering pump and lines. And my favorite is the Novak cable shifter to replace the crappy stock linkage. I can actually run both 4hi and low now!!!

Some cosmetic stuff like led headlights and bulbs all around. Painted the dash and center console. Painted the fender flares all around. Tried painting the seats with duplicator vinyl and fabric paint but that is not holding up so my Christmas present to myself (one of many!) was to order a set of wet okole seat covers. I am thinking I will get a bed rug too. I had bedlined the tub when I first got it and am regretting that decision.

Nothing much to the motor other than maintenance type stuff. Still going strong at 172k.

I am probably going to have to replace the steering box as I believe it's pulling in air. Probably bad seals.

I think that's it. The Duratracs I put on a few years ago along with the kc daylighters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: JP13 and Chris