New From North Illinois

No.IL.2005LJ

What’s up TjForum! So here I am, new Jeep owner from far NW burbs...Home of The Movie,Groundhog Day, Woodstock,IL...2005 Unlimited 200k, a bunch of maintenance and service records, I was comfortable buying it. 2.5”?Procomp lift, custom leaky rear shocks with hollowed out bushings...ouch. 1.25” body lift, GenRight fenders all the way around, with front inners also. Poison Spider Tailgate, brand new 33x12.50 ProComp wheels and tires...Misc Led’s...a box of new hinges, brackets etc...All on or with it when I “bought” it. I’m currently building a spare tire carrier in my buddies garage, hope to finish it this week. It ran pretty bad when I got it, old plugs with an average gap of .075 , a TPS with all sorts of different resistance readings and an IAC that was as dirty as I’ve ever seen...I had a 2000 F150 Lightning with 98 miles, pristine, with a bunch of go fast parts...A family of 4, was hard to hold to something that seats 3, uncomfortably...My buddy had this and lust for my truck, he gave me this and a check for 5k, putting the value of the Jeep around $5500...came with a hard top, bought a BestTop and I’ve been cleaning up the rust on the frame this weekend. Great to be here, I’m looking for some suspension parts maybe, lemme know what’s for sale out there...

05C8AED1-4326-4D16-975B-C1F5BE6CCBAD.jpeg

5A73BF10-F47B-4FDF-B4D9-6A21FD04087E.jpeg

2B742ACF-C5CA-487E-A773-EB68EBD712B9.jpeg

CB306DEC-4F9A-4DEA-96A4-0DC732576718.jpeg

6C7750E3-E830-4BB0-A6FC-13E5EA3DBE97.jpeg

Reactions: Bert and JMT
Welcome! I'm not too far away. I'm over in Evanston. Ever been out to River Road Rally Park in McHenry? I've heard mixed reviews but it is the closest place to go wheeling near northern Chicago.

Welcome! I'm not too far away. I'm over in Evanston. Ever been out to River Road Rally Park in McHenry? I've heard mixed reviews but it is the closest place to go wheeling near northern Chicago.
I work about 5 mins from that place and was oblivious to its existence...until I bought a Jeep. I will definitely be going out there once I’m done going thru the major concerns on this, I have daughters that love this thing, talked me into doing the deal and when they found about that place, DAD! LET’S GO NOW! Thanks for the welcome.

I work about 5 mins from that place and was oblivious to its existence...until I bought a Jeep. I will definitely be going out there once I’m done going thru the major concerns on this, I have daughters that love this thing, talked me into doing the deal and when they found about that place, DAD! LET’S GO NOW! Thanks for the welcome.

I've heard it is fairly small, but it is a great place to go see what your Jeep can do. If you ever need someone to go wheeling with, shoot me a message. Once the frame on my Jeep is fixed next month, I'll be up to go wheeling. Enjoy your Jeep!

I've heard it is fairly small, but it is a great place to go see what your Jeep can do. If you ever need someone to go wheeling with, shoot me a message. Once the frame on my Jeep is fixed next month, I'll be up to go wheeling. Enjoy your Jeep!

It seems to be just some trails, puddles and a few hills, nothing too technical, right up my ally. I don’t want another constant project that I’m fixing more than enjoying...I will make a post a couple weeks in advance when I’m ready, see if there is anyone else “local” that would want to join.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jodomcfrodo