New from the Sierra Foothills

Philip

I've wanted to build a Jeep for a while and I've lurked on this list (and a few others) to figure out what I should look for. Well, I decided to join because I finally pulled the trigger and bought this:
IMG_0205.JPG

2004 Jeep TJ Sahara
4.0\5 speed
Front: Dana 30
Rear: Dana 44
Gears 3.73

NICE! It's got the Dana 44 rear as well, which is a huge plus.

It loos like a very well cared for Jeep. Any idea what you're going to do to it?

NICE! It's got the Dana 44 rear as well, which is a huge plus.

It loos like a very well cared for Jeep. Any idea what you're going to do to it?

It is very clean. The gentleman I purchased it from was a retired Marine Major who flat towed it behind his RV for years. He told me he never did any serious off roading and the man was meticulous about maintenance. My dog stuck a foot through one of the dash vents on the way home. I'm glad the PO didn't see that!

It's funny. This the first time I did my research (kudos to the members of this list) and then was patient enough to get a good car. In the past, I got an idea about a car I liked and I'd buy the first one I'd see and sometimes I'd luck out, more frequently, not so much. Took me over 50 years to figure out.

As for mods, I'm not so much into crawling as exploring, hunting and fishing. My wife and I enjoy trying to find old ghost towns too. I'm thinking about starting with lockers and a set of half doors

Reactions: Chris
It is very clean. The gentleman I purchased it from was a retired Marine Major who flat towed it behind his RV for years. He told me he never did any serious off roading and the man was meticulous about maintenance. My dog stuck a foot through one of the dash vents on the way home. I'm glad the PO didn't see that!

It's funny. This the first time I did my research (kudos to the members of this list) and then was patient enough to get a good car. In the past, I got an idea about a car I liked and I'd buy the first one I'd see and sometimes I'd luck out, more frequently, not so much. Took me over 50 years to figure out.

As for mods, I'm not so much into crawling as exploring, hunting and fishing. My wife and I enjoy trying to find old ghost towns too. I'm thinking about starting with lockers and a set of half doors

Sounds like a really solid buy.

Kudos for being patient and waiting to find the right Jeep. So many new potential owners get antsy and buy the first TJ they see. Problem is, most of them are abused, beat to hell and rusted out. A lot of them also have very crappy "upgrades" that make it a PITA to fix.

It's taken many TJ owners over a year to find their perfect TJ, but the patience eventually pays off! Glad you were one of the guys who waited patiently and got a good one.

Welcome! Great looking TJ. The sierra foothills and the Sierra's themselves are a great place to bomb around. I like going up Highway 4 and hiking around up there (my in laws have a place in Copperopolis). Its also fun to take the jeep with the top down through Yosemite. If you end up wanting to get rid of your stock wheels during your modification process, let me know. I'd be interested in buying them.

I've wanted to build a Jeep for a while and I've lurked on this list (and a few others) to figure out what I should look for. Well, I decided to join because I finally pulled the trigger and bought this:
View attachment 8855

2004 Jeep TJ Sahara
4.0\5 speed
Front: Dana 30
Rear: Dana 44
Gears 3.73
Great find! Having the 44 already is sweet.
Enjoy!

Love the color! I wish I would've known more when I bought mine, I had no idea the 44 was an option on the Sahara until after I bought mine with a 30/35 combo.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Welcome! Great looking TJ. The sierra foothills and the Sierra's themselves are a great place to bomb around. I like going up Highway 4 and hiking around up there (my in laws have a place in Copperopolis). Its also fun to take the jeep with the top down through Yosemite. If you end up wanting to get rid of your stock wheels during your modification process, let me know. I'd be interested in buying them.

Yes, I will probably change out the wheels sooner rather than later. I assume (hope) this board can private message? If so send me an email addy and I'll drop you a note when the wheels are available.

Love the color! I wish I would've known more when I bought mine, I had no idea the 44 was an option on the Sahara until after I bought mine with a 30/35 combo.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Well I wish the PO had forked out for a locker and rear disks. . .but then I probably couldn't have afforded the Jeep! :D

Yes, I will probably change out the wheels sooner rather than later. I assume (hope) this board can private message? If so send me an email addy and I'll drop you a note when the wheels are available.

I'll send you a private message. Thanks