New from Utah

NellieBoy

uWf8waS4yAskcByVmHj2FQ55IvFei_4beXhGCakcfoMP2JsLRErILUqJNx8jgHLJfMneh8aFhyAf4aYYns=w1064-h599-no.jpg

Just happened upon this forum - already on another Wrangler Forum (wranglerforum.com) and decided more info the better. Live in Utah where there are a ton of great trails. I've been an owner for almost 1 1/2 years now and love it as I've always wanted a Jeep Wrangler!! When I bought this she was setup as a Mall Crawler w/18" XD Rockstar rims w/33" Kelly Safari tires...on 3.07 gears and a 2" BL. Has a matching color Hard Top as well.

I like the hard top but also bought a Safari Top and then acquired a Soft top + ALL hardware...including surrounds, for only $100. Took out the original stock suspension and added a BDS 2" Suspension LIft which gave me a 2.5" boost, dropped to 15" wheels and added 31" duratracs for now given the 3.07 gears. Also added the winch ("given" to me :) ) and lights as well as sliders. Have the 4.0 6cyl 5spd manual.

Just recently acquired 4.11 axles from a 4cyl which I will replace mine with allowing me to move to 33's. Since I'll have the axles off, I'll address the frame surface rust with either POR15 or similar - thoughts on what has worked best for others???

Anyway, am happy to be a part of the TJ family!!

Oh man... BEAUTIFUL TJ and BEAUTIFUL PICTURE! I absolutely love the yellow on black, that looks absolutely amazing.

Welcome to the forum. Like yourself, I joined because there is a lot of great information here. Great color on your jeep. Yellow is one of those feel good happy colors.

Reactions: Chris
Thanks all.

Chris - Salem area...I went to HS up in Tacoma so kind of same neck of the woods...

UpperMI - perhaps Traverse City area?

Thanks all.

Chris - Salem area...I went to HS up in Tacoma so kind of same neck of the woods...

Oh yeah, how cool. I lived up there at Fort Lewis for a while when I was in the Army.

Thanks all.

I was born and raised in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (Houghton). I now live the San Francisco bay Area of California. Although ironically enough my brother lives in Traverse City. He had a red 1997 TJ for awhile (sold it a number of years ago) but he still owns a 1973 FJ40 and a 1960 Jeep Willys wagon.

Reactions: Chris