New gears and Atlas transfer case suggestions?

talianslyr

I do not need the tc right now, however I do need to upgrade to 4.56 gears in my jeep sooner than later. I have a 00 sport with a 4.0L I6 and 5speed trans. I am running 33" tires with a 2" lift and 3.73 gears. I am thinking of just biting the bullet and getting an atlas 4 speed TC installed at the same time as the gears. That being said, I'm not into extreme rock crawling (yet) but if I'm going to do this I want to do it right. I don't plan on going bigger tires or gearing lower than the 4.56. Any thoughts, suggestions and help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It isn't any easier to install the tc at the same time as gears, if that's what you are asking.
I am just going to do it at the same time not that it's easier or more convenient. I was more asking for suggestions on the atlas setup and what ratio I should run. I wanted some advice from others who have done both of these to their jeep

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I really like my 4.88s with the 5 speed and 33s, fwiw.

Don't bother with the Atlas. It's too big for a TJ without a wheelbase stretch. You will get better overall results tucking the 231 with a Savvy skid. If you want the lower gears, find a Rubicon 241, but even that is large enough to have compromises.

2003 Rubicon

Reactions: Jerry Bransford