New Genright highline hoods

I’m still not seeing how these will be any different from the ebay duraflex hood. Just like the duraflex this looks amazing in photos and then has tons of issues because it’s fiberglass and not steel like the real thing.

To be fair, if they just built some steel ones they could likely churn more out that were more consistent.

the costs associated with sheet metal stamping for such a low volume product are probably prohibitive

I’m still not seeing how these will be any different from the ebay duraflex hood.

higher quality manufacturer and/or process

No one wants to believe Tony. :(
Apparently.

My brother’s cousin’s friend who has a neighbor who knows a guy with a rock crawler that he built in his garage, said his step son was ripped off by someone who was selling used Genright parts. And he said one of the tube fenders had three broken bolts in it. I am not surprised. Trash parts.

People these days, ya know?

Apparently.

My brother’s cousin’s friend who has a neighbor who knows a guy with a rock crawler that he built in his garage, said his step son was ripped off by someone who was selling used Genright parts. And he said one of the tube fenders had three broken bolts in it. I am not surprised. Trash parts.

People these days, ya know?
My sisters husbands 3rd cousin (not blood related) 3rd once removed dads friend of her best friend told me that fiberglass at the end of the day is still fiberglass. Whatever that means

It's definitely possible to make high end fiberglass components.

Look at the entire body of a Corvette. Granted it's SMC, the fit and finish is top notch, and the body panels give no indication they are SMC other than when you tap on them they are obviously not metal.

So yes, GenRight likely found a very high end facility to produce these hoods, and my guess is that they are much better than the shitty eBay ones that we've seen before.

I've never bought anything from GenRight that wasn't of the best quality (and fit).

Of course I could be wrong, but I'd like to think that GenRight wouldn't do that to us.

Reactions: Wildman
Were back to the elitist BS again. I get that some people don't like one vendor or another or they had a bad experiance with said vendor. But DAMN get the "F" over it. And just because you don't agree with they way they build a rig or don't like this or that doesn't mean they might work for someone else.

We all live and learn (I hope) and so there are times some things just don't work. But why can't we agree to dislike a vendor and leave it at that? Unless there is VALID 110% proof that a vendor is JUNK/CRAP or such then just leave it at that.

Were back to the elitist BS again. I get that some people don't like one vendor or another or they had a bad experiance with said vendor. But DAMN get the "F" over it. And just because you don't agree with they way they build a rig or don't like this or that doesn't mean they might work for someone else.

We all live and learn (I hope) and so there are times some things just don't work. But why can't we agree to dislike a vendor and leave it at that? Unless there is VALID 110% proof that a vendor is JUNK/CRAP or such then just leave it at that.
I agree that unless a vendor is consistently crap, it doesn’t matter. But I didn’t see where people were shitting on GR, did I miss some posts?

I agree that unless a vendor is consistently crap, it doesn’t matter. But I didn’t see where people were shitting on GR, did I miss some posts?

@Wildman , you lost me.

Just maybe reading too much into things? Guess I need to go to bed instead of making comments. I was just seeing this turn into another bashing thread. I'll bow out.

I just found this post and saw the FB video. I am hopeful GenRight's new supplier is putting out TOP quality hoods. They certainly looked nice in the video. But only seeing the top surface isn't going to sell me. I want to see the underside, see how is the mesh held in place, and hear how the fit is right out of the box. Tony said "you can literally just put these on your Jeep." Hopefully it's a true paint and bolt on level quality like AEV. AEV set the bar high. GenRight would do themselves a favor in trying to match that vs. just being another place that sells highlines and a junk hood. My guess is they opted with the Duraflex as a crutch while they sourced suppliers who could produce at the quality level they really wanted to sell their customers.

Reactions: Noslo65
:cry:My duraflex isn’t junk! Take it back! It’s practically plug and play! This is a special cow spot coating made by BONDO. Shhh its secret.

C4A935B9-71BD-4EBE-A17A-90E8B7F85678.jpeg