New girl from outside Nashville, TN

JLynn

Hello all, I am totally new to this experience, I haven’t even got my wrangler yet (it’s on reserve, I should be able to get it in March) but I’m super stoked about it. I’ve always loved Jeeps, because of two grand Cherokees that I’ve owned in the past. Just in the last year or so I’ve really fallen in love with the wranglers and how they can be customized in so many ways and I love exploring nature so it seems like a natural fit.

I plan on being totally hands on in regards to my wrangler, so I’m going to have a lot to learn. The wrangler I’m getting is (I think a 2000?) sport, 4.0 engine and it has a rock ready package. It was running but has not run in a number of years (so much so that it’s covered in moss). Sadly, I t does have the death wobble, I’m praying that that will be the simpler fix and won’t need a new system under neath the carriage but I was told it only happens at highway speeds, and I would be able to drive it around town at the slower speeds without a problem. It’s a manual drive, I do know how to drive manual...but I definitely need practice, lol. Cause it’s been a while and I never fully mastered it than.

I’m getting a good deal on it because of the issues with it but I can not wait to have it in hand. I’ve been reading and studying up on it before hand and I thought joining a Jeep forum would help with any additional issues I may have with it. Happy to be here guys and I hope to see you around.

Thank you Chris, I have that post bookmarked. It has more details than what ive seen so far. Ive some photos my hubs sent me.
20190119_152548.jpg
20190119_164125.jpg
20190119_152510.jpg
20190119_164155.jpg
20190119_152534_HDR.jpg
20190119_152516.jpg
20190119_164149.jpg

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Wrangler. Looks like it'll need a bit of TLC, but it's all the more rewarding later on.

Also, love the avatar.

Reactions: JLynn
Good find! You can really put yourself into that one. Revive it! It'll be a keeper. Welcome to the forum. Great group of folks here, very knowledgeable.

Welcome! This is one of those rare occasions when someone says "That'll buff right out" that they actually mean it! Good luck and looking forward to seeing the progress.

Yeah I’m going to be doing as much of it as possible myself (maybe a little bit of my husbands help...but hopefully not too much).

Glad you guys like the avatar, I liked it and have been waiting to use it,
...so thank YOU,

Reactions: mots
Frame looks good, the guy never took it out on trails and it seems to be pretty bone stock really. Exactly what I was looking for. I didn’t want a used one that had been lifted or moded or out on the trails. Mileage is really low too but I forget what it was.

Reactions: derekmac
Welcome! Can’t wait to see what you do with this, looks like it’ll be a good time to get it rolling and the soft top is surprisingly clean. The folks here are very helpful, few things feel better than wrenching yourself, taking it for a spin and enjoying the fruits of your labor.

This will be fun to watch, looks like a fun project. Remember, there's always "Garage Squad" if you get into far over your head lol.

I can't help but ask, "What is going on in the back of the Jeep avatar?"

Reactions: mots