New guy checking in

xxdabroxx

TJ Addict
Found your forum a couple days ago stalking Mr. Blaine as he seems to be a wealth of knowledge and Jeep Forum is getting on my nerves a bit between the website issues and the total ban on the little guy asking for input on a product design. I've seen numerous threads over there locked because someone asked if anyone would have an interest in possibly buying something that they were making for their own jeep. Seems wrong to keep the people down who help make the forum what it is.

Anyways, I've had my TJ for a little over a year now, bought it with a boatload of chrome goodness (kidding), a 4" procomp lift, 33" tires and 3.07 gears. It now has mostly Savvy control arms, a MC front track bar, yukon axles in the 35 with a truetrack and 4.56 gears. I put a E-locker in the front and mounted an older (new in box) Ramsey Pro 9000 winch to the front along with a few other things here and there.

I look forward to taking part in the forum, you seem like a good group.

They are a great group! Welcome from a newer guy too. Nice setup!

Reactions: FTI76
Welcome aboard! You won't find a bunch of knuckle heads here. Just mature folks that generally know what they are talking about. Both @Jerry Bransford and @mrblaine, both of which post pretty regularly, know just about anything you'd want or need to know. And like @glwood said, all TJ all the time :D

Welcome aboard! You won't find a bunch of knuckle heads here. Just mature folks that generally know what they are talking about. Both @Jerry Bransford and @mrblaine, both of which post pretty regularly, know just about anything you'd want or need to know. And like @glwood said, all TJ all the time :D

Awwwww shucks, guess I'll have to go on about my business elsewhere then... :p

Seems wrong to keep the people down who help make the forum what it is.

Ha, you won't find that here! That's one of the reasons I made this forum. I can't stand the mentality of some of the "higher ups" over there. Not to mention how ban happy they are.

Anyways, welcome aboard! I think we have here the greatest bunch of TJ guys out there. Everyone behaves very maturely (for the most part), and I've never seen anything get to a childish level thus far!

Reactions: FTI76
Found your forum a couple days ago stalking Mr. Blaine as he seems to be a wealth of knowledge and Jeep Forum is getting on my nerves a bit between the website issues and the total ban on the little guy asking for input on a product design. I've seen numerous threads over there locked because someone asked if anyone would have an interest in possibly buying something that they were making for their own jeep. Seems wrong to keep the people down who help make the forum what it is.

I'm a paying vendor over there. Let me try and put that in perspective for you. I pay enough each month to be a vendor that you could build a really nice collection of Jeep parts at the end of a year with the same money.

Folks try every way you can think of and some you can't to work around and cheat that system.
They get a buddy to post up that they found a "new" product and show it off with a link to the website to drive traffic to it.
Shops will write their own "reviews" of product and post it up like a customer with the name of the site involved to buy it from.
A guy will abuse the shit out of the for sale ads with statements like Contact me for more of this item, I have many for sale.
Hey, I made this booger rag box that bolts to the windshield, if anyone else wants one, send me a PM for a price.
What do you think of this new design for shitty aluminum tow hooks? I'm thinking about starting a company and making them.

I've personally had to battle with a company that copied the Vanco Big Brake kits, acted like a customer, posted a fake review, lied about paying to be a vendor and their product is shit.

So, since I pay that much each month, should I be tolerant of those that try to cheat the system? Or should I expect them to step up and pay if they want to be a vendor since that is the rule of the forum?

Put another way, if you were a paying vendor, how many of the "downtrodden little guys" would you tolerate? How many in direct competition with your product line would you tolerate?

How many posters would you tolerate that don't pay but put a link in their signature to their business and then talk about the business trying to improve sales?

Then there is the other side of it with guys like Kolak who only post a reply with something along the lines of "Hey, I sell Bilsteins, send me a PM for the best price".

I have two accounts, mine and a vendor name. I never post about anything I have for sale under my name except to correct any misinformation about something.

Reactions: xxdabroxx
I'm a paying vendor over there. Let me try and put that in perspective for you. I pay enough each month to be a vendor that you could build a really nice collection of Jeep parts at the end of a year with the same money.

Folks try every way you can think of and some you can't to work around and cheat that system.
They get a buddy to post up that they found a "new" product and show it off with a link to the website to drive traffic to it.
Shops will write their own "reviews" of product and post it up like a customer with the name of the site involved to buy it from.
A guy will abuse the shit out of the for sale ads with statements like Contact me for more of this item, I have many for sale.
Hey, I made this booger rag box that bolts to the windshield, if anyone else wants one, send me a PM for a price.
What do you think of this new design for shitty aluminum tow hooks? I'm thinking about starting a company and making them.

I've personally had to battle with a company that copied the Vanco Big Brake kits, acted like a customer, posted a fake review, lied about paying to be a vendor and their product is shit.

So, since I pay that much each month, should I be tolerant of those that try to cheat the system? Or should I expect them to step up and pay if they want to be a vendor since that is the rule of the forum?

Put another way, if you were a paying vendor, how many of the "downtrodden little guys" would you tolerate? How many in direct competition with your product line would you tolerate?

How many posters would you tolerate that don't pay but put a link in their signature to their business and then talk about the business trying to improve sales?

Then there is the other side of it with guys like Kolak who only post a reply with something along the lines of "Hey, I sell Bilsteins, send me a PM for the best price".

I have two accounts, mine and a vendor name. I never post about anything I have for sale under my name except to correct any misinformation about something.
I agree with what you've said. the posts I was talking about was a couple of threads by regular posters. I think trevlaw was one, he was making an 8.8 skid for himself and was asking if there would be a commercial interest in making more. seems like things of that nature should be tolerated, but I definitely get your point. Even that could be unfair to paying vendors.

I agree with what you've said. the posts I was talking about was a couple of threads by regular posters. I think trevlaw was one, he was making an 8.8 skid for himself and was asking if there would be a commercial interest in making more. seems like things of that nature should be tolerated, but I definitely get your point. Even that could be unfair to paying vendors.
The litmus test is simple. Pay what it costs to be a vendor and then see how your tolerance level does. If you're in the skid business and want to okay what Trevor did, post up and say you're fine with it. Or, as I suspect but can't confirm, someone like Ruffstuff or similar who is in the skid business, asked that the situation be addressed.

Reactions: xxdabroxx
Newbie as well. Just got my 2004 Rubicon a week ago and found you guys. Can't wait to get it muddy. Count on me picking your brains on a regular basis until I get up to speed! That being said, I do have one question. Is there and automatic sway bar disconnect available for the TJ. Thanks. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris