New guy

Arizona Jim

I posted this elsewhere and then found this place for new members.

I've been a Jeep owner for 20 years but new to this forum. A local friend told me about it and said it's the best one out there for TJ owners.

I've lived in the Prescott, AZ area for 33 years moving here from Iowa. I retired from a career in manufacturing 9 years ago and am enjoying life immensely. I mostly spend my free time riding my motorcycle around the country and working in my wood and metal shop.

I bought a CJ7 shortly after moving here and had a lot of fun with it. I sold it to my son who drove it through High School and then College. Later I was itching for some kind of toy car and ended up purchasing my 2005 Rubicon new with the idea of keeping it forever. So far so good. Even with the bells and whistles on the newer Wranglers I have no reason to move on to one of them. I've taken mine to the Easter Jamboree in Moab and into the Rocky Mountains of Central Colorado along with some trails here in Arizona. I don't get out as much as I should but that's OK at least it's there and ready anytime I get the urge.

In the last couple years 2 of my friends, here in town, have picked up some nice TJs and another has a new 2021 Rubicon on order. We've been out with our wives a time or two and plan on doing even more day rides in the near future.

I'm looking forward to picking up some good tips here and "maybe" even contributing a little.

C87DDF2B-54B4-477A-8122-7091158FBC78.jpeg

Welcome to the forum from Florence, Arizona!

As a TJ owner, you're definitely in the right spot. That's a fine looking TJ too!

I'm an avid motorcycle rider myself, and I've found that the TJ with the top and doors off is the closest feeling I get to riding a motorcycle while driving an actual vehicle. That being said, I see a lot of crossover between Wrangler owners and motorcycle riding.

If you like wheeling your TJ, be sure to chime in on this thread:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/list-of-arizona-members-who-like-to-go-off-roading.45756/
I put it together for all of us Arizona TJ owners. Anytime we arrange a day of wheeling I can tag everyone in that post and let them know there is something cool coming up. We've been on some pretty cool adventures too and there's always new ones around the corner!

Welcome to the forum from Florence, Arizona!

As a TJ owner, you're definitely in the right spot. That's a fine looking TJ too!

I'm an avid motorcycle rider myself, and I've found that the TJ with the top and doors off is the closest feeling I get to riding a motorcycle while driving an actual vehicle. That being said, I see a lot of crossover between Wrangler owners and motorcycle riding.

If you like wheeling your TJ, be sure to chime in on this thread:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/list-of-arizona-members-who-like-to-go-off-roading.45756/
I put it together for all of us Arizona TJ owners. Anytime we arrange a day of wheeling I can tag everyone in that post and let them know there is something cool coming up. We've been on some pretty cool adventures too and there's always new ones around the corner!
Thanks for the welcome and I will click on your Arizona link.

Reactions: Chris