New Here

There are only a few cars I'd sell it for. Mopar 2 door post cars, Polara, Coronet Belvedere. I have a thing for Super Stock cars from the 60's.
We have a helluva lot in common. I tried to get a neighbor down the road to sell me his 1963 Dodge 330 2-door post. Never would. I tried for years. Far as I know, it still sits in his garage...

Reactions: 73ebody
We have a helluva lot in common. I tried to get a neighbor down the road to sell me his 1963 Dodge 330 2-door post. Never would. I tried for years. Far as I know, it still sits in his garage...
One of my favorites! I love my Challenger, but being what it is I can't build it the why I'd like to without ruining the value.

Reactions: Chris and Squatch
One of my favorites! I love my Challenger, but being what it is I can't build it the why I'd like to without ruining the value.
I know exactly what you mean. It puts something of a limit on what you "should" do (not could do, mind you...). Of course, it's your car, and you can do anything you want to it. You just have to face the torch-bearing Mopar fans afterward!

I know exactly what you mean. It puts something of a limit on what you "should" do (not could do, mind you...). Of course, it's your car, and you can do anything you want to it. You just have to face the torch-bearing Mopar fans afterward!
Yes for sure! If I ever do get a post car I will be doing the A990 package clone, but I'd do a 383 or a 400 stroker, torque of a big block and revs like a small block... I need to win the lottery lol..

Reactions: Squatch
Yes for sure! If I ever do get a post car I will be doing the A990 package clone, but I'd do a 383 or a 400 stroker, torque of a big block and revs like a small block... I need to win the lottery lol..
I've always been a fan of the 383. Sure would love to do a 413 car, but the aftermarket for the 413 just isn't there. Not as cost effective as just doing a 440, either. Too bad, really. And of course, if you can scrounge up a 426 wedge (not the Hemi), then you've got an oddball. Mopars...my first love! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 73ebody
Still haven't found a TJ that is worth buying, looked at really nice low mile Sahara last weekend... was able to put my thumb through the frame in two places, so walked away quickly from that one :).

Still haven't found a TJ that is worth buying, looked at really nice low mile Sahara last weekend... was able to put my thumb through the frame in two places, so walked away quickly from that one :).
I see now where Quadratec sells complete frames for the TJ for only $3999!!! :eek: Yep. Full frames. I've forgotten who the supplier/builder is, but the TJ frame is far more expensive than the YJ or the CJ frame. Saw it in my catalog, but haven't located it on their website, yet. So offer the guy $2,000 for his rust wagon, spend $4,000 on the frame, and get to work! :D

I see now where Quadratec sells complete frames for the TJ for only $3999!!! :eek: Yep. Full frames. I've forgotten who the supplier/builder is, but the TJ frame is far more expensive than the YJ or the CJ frame. Saw it in my catalog, but haven't located it on their website, yet. So offer the guy $2,000 for his rust wagon, spend $4,000 on the frame, and get to work! :D
Ehhh not sure if the boss (wife) will go for that... she's already ticked that we can't park both cars in the garage because of the Challenger being in there lol.

Welp 0-3 so far. Two with rusty frames and a low mile, pretty decent shape 60th anniversary TJ with a re-manufactured motor and a soft top. Still holding out for a TJ that is right for me......

Reactions: UpperMI and Chris
Welp 0-3 so far. Two with rusty frames and a low mile, pretty decent shape 60th anniversary TJ with a re-manufactured motor and a soft top. Still holding out for a TJ that is right for me......

That’s the wise move, wait until you find the perfect one. It never pays to be impulsive.

Reactions: 73ebody and UpperMI
I’d really like a Rubicon however, Mrs 73ebody says “we are not spending that much money on a vehicle that old.” Then when I explained about the good axles, gear ratio they come with and locker I knew it was a lost cause when I got the deer in headlights look.:BangHead:

I’d really like a Rubicon however, Mrs 73ebody says “we are not spending that much money on a vehicle that old.” Then when I explained about the good axles, gear ratio they come with and locker I knew it was a lost cause when I got the deer in headlights look.:BangHead:
It's when you get the "Just do whatever you want!" response that you're in trouble. The words cannot, should not, and better not be taken literally, or you might find yourself sleeping in your next purchase! ;)

Sounds like you have bigger problems than finding a Jeep. Sorry, but I wouldn’t let that go on in my house. And yes, it is my house. She still asks me what I think about this paint or that knob. After awhile I tell her, “I don’t know. You know better than me.” She does. I know other things better than her. We sometimes argue but we love each other. It works. If I get a look she gets a look. If she crosses a line the whole house will know and it won’t be pretty. I give her half of my extra earnings every year for spending money. I but whatever mods I want. It works

Last edited:
Reactions: ac_ and Chris