New Here

Sounds like you have bigger problems than finding a Jeep. Sorry, but I wouldn’t let that go on in my house. And yes, it is my house. She still asks me what I think about this paint or that knob. After awhile I tell her, “I don’t know. You know better than me.” She does. I know other things better than her. We sometimes argue but we love each other. It works. If I get a look she gets a look. If she crosses a line the whole house will know and it won’t be pretty. I give her half of my extra earnings every year for spending money. I but whatever mods I want. It works

She's a good woman, she just doesn't get vehicles and such.

Reactions: Squatch
She's a good woman, she just doesn't get vehicles and such.
Ok, set a budget and tell her, “Babe, I got this.” It’s going to be the vehicle YOU drive, isn’t it? She can have input but at the end of the day it’s you sitting behind the wheel. And make sure a TJ is right for you! And they hold their value very well, especially the Rubicon’s. The day I bought mine for 12 I could have literally sold it the next day for 14. It is that easy. A clean one will sell within hours

Reactions: Chris
Sounds like you have bigger problems than finding a Jeep. Sorry, but I wouldn’t let that go on in my house. And yes, it is my house. She still asks me what I think about this paint or that knob. After awhile I tell her, “I don’t know. You know better than me.” She does. I know other things better than her. We sometimes argue but we love each other. It works. If I get a look she gets a look. If she crosses a line the whole house will know and it won’t be pretty. I give her half of my extra earnings every year for spending money. I but whatever mods I want. It works

JMT, I call that: "Tough Love"
...................................:monoloco:

JMT, I call that: "Tough Love"
...................................:monoloco:
Life is tough and so is love
I give a lot, but one person can only take so much.
You can either lay down and die or stand up and fight.
You pick your battles.
Oh well, enough on this subject

Ok, set a budget and tell her, “Babe, I got this.” It’s going to be the vehicle YOU drive, isn’t it? She can have input but at the end of the day it’s you sitting behind the wheel. And make sure a TJ is right for you! And they hold their value very well, especially the Rubicon’s. The day I bought mine for 12 I could have literally sold it the next day for 14. It is that easy. A clean one will sell within hours
Yup still searching. Both of us will be driving whatever it is we end up buying. If it was only me driving it she wouldn't have a say in what I was planning to buy.

Life is tough and so is love
I give a lot, but one person can only take so much.
You can either lay down and die or stand up and fight.
You pick your battles.
Oh well, enough on this subject
I see you're a smart man. or I should I say; "Smart Texan" :roto2cafe:

THIS x 1million!!!! One phrase that is never uttered by me is "happy wife, happy life". That goes both ways in my house... And the idea of her telling me to sleep on the couch for something....HA!!! I would tell her...if you don't want to sleep with me for something I have done...if I am wrong, I will apologize profusely...but beyond that, if you (meaning she) done want to sleep with me, the guest room is over there...and the couch is comfortable for you (her) too...but I WILL sleep in MY bed unless I choose not to.

I'm really not a jerk. But missus and I have an understanding. We both work. We pay the bills (that comes first). We discuss savings and come to a mutual agreement. Beyond that, we pool the extra and split it and spend it any which way we both want to... In my house, we really are equals...and the three letter word ending in X is never, ever used as a reward or lacking as a punishment....that was made very clear by me before we ever got married.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starrs and Chris
Its Inca Gold. Only was around for 1 year. A very very rare color. Nice find.

IIRC there were only ~200 Rubicons painted IG from Jeep in 2003. And I think they introduced the Rubicon at the detroit auto show with an Inca Gold Rubi.

If that wasn't in Wisconsin (with is almost a guarantee for frame rust), I might seriously have to consider it! Not that I need another, but you know how it is... That's my favorite color on a TJ.

If that wasn't in Wisconsin (with is almost a guarantee for frame rust), I might seriously have to consider it! Not that I need another, but you know how it is... That's my favorite color on a TJ.
Yeah if that one wasn't 1500 miles away but 200...I would consider selling one of my other vehicles or going into debt for that one. Unmolested too. Somebody should rescue that from the rust belt...restore it...even if it needs some minor frame work...and hold onto it for the next 20 years. I bet that thing would be a good investment...

Yeah if that one wasn't 1500 miles away but 200...I would consider selling one of my other vehicles or going into debt for that one. Unmolested too. Somebody should rescue that from the rust belt...restore it...even if it needs some minor frame work...and hold onto it for the next 20 years. I bet that thing would be a good investment...
If someone is seriously interested in this Jeep I could go crawl under it but it is 90 miles away — but i could do this. I see the wheels show a bit of oxidation and the hose clamps show rust but otherwise not bad --of course no frame shots are shown.

If someone is seriously interested in this Jeep I could go crawl under it but it is 90 miles away — but i could do this. I see the wheels show a bit of oxidation and the hose clamps show rust but otherwise not bad --of course no frame shots are shown.
I went to check it out over the weekend. The whole frame has been covered in undercoating, so kind of hard to tell what is really going on under there. The body mounts looked ok. Paint was ok except in one spot where the clear coat was lifting. Overall pretty clean...

I went to check it out over the weekend. The whole frame has been covered in undercoating, so kind of hard to tell what is really going on under there. The body mounts looked ok. Paint was ok except in one spot where the clear coat was lifting. Overall pretty clean...

Sounds like you need to take a trip down the route 66 to Arizona or Vegas, We don't have rust issues. Never snows, so not salt. No oceans so no beach salt. We still have good looking YJ's here lol. Might be worth buying a one way plane ticket down here and driving back in a nice TJ? I bought my TJ with 172K miles on it, and nothing is rusted. Seriously I changed all of my control arms, and didn't even have to soak the nuts or bolts. They came right off, Same goes for the front and rear bumpers I have replaced.

Good luck on your jeep searching journey! Keep us posted! Oh and welcome to the forums!

Reactions: 73ebody and Chris
Sounds like you need to take a trip down the route 66 to Arizona or Vegas, We don't have rust issues. Never snows, so not salt. No oceans so no beach salt. We still have good looking YJ's here lol. Might be worth buying a one way plane ticket down here and driving back in a nice TJ? I bought my TJ with 172K miles on it, and nothing is rusted. Seriously I changed all of my control arms, and didn't even have to soak the nuts or bolts. They came right off, Same goes for the front and rear bumpers I have replaced.

Good luck on your jeep searching journey! Keep us posted! Oh and welcome to the forums!

Yeah that might be next on the horizon for me.

Reactions: ac_ and Chris