New in ATX

LOLJ

Supporting Member
Hey folks.

I have been reading the forum pretty extensively over the last couple months. I bought a TJU at the end of September. Mostly stock, came with bumpers and 31x10.5 BFG K02’s. I’ve been playing around with it, and thanks to a lot of knowledge gained here, I am pleased with where she sits so far. A lot will be happening in the next few weeks.

Waiting patiently on a Gr8Top that I ordered the same day I brought the Jeep home. It’s the full safari top. My understanding is there is a supplier issue with windows… hopefully it arrives soon. Overly excited about this.

So Far she has had:
first things first she went into the shop and had everything that needed to be done buttoned up. A $1600 bill later from Just Jeeps in Austin and she was running like a champ. A lot a little things were done, including replacing seals, sensors, a bunch of hoses, a radiator, and a few other odds and ends.
2.5” OME lift HD springs.
Oracle headlights
avs hood guard and widow deflector
core 4x4 stage 2 upper and lower control arms + stage 3 front and rear track bars
full banks power pack cold air/header/cat back with a flomaster high flow cat (banks tuner)
Some Bushwaker flat fender flares. I’ve not had the best experience with these so far. I’m still waiting on hearing from Bushwacker Concerning a replacement as the set I received are defective and incomplete.
and a bunch of interior stuff that I’ll show off when it’s done….. further along…. Whatever. Including a Rusty’s Offroad rack that is pretty awesome. I’m waiting to do the final install on that for when I receive the top.

The Jeep is running super well. In the next few weeks I’m going to install a 62 mm throttlebody and a 1 inch throttle body spacer, An MSD coil and some iridium plugs. I am also going to install some four port injectors. I don’t expect any power gains from this but I’m hoping that the engine will run a little bit smoother as I’ve been having a bit of a rough idle issue. I got six Bosch series3 4-port injectors from Precision Injectors online. I’ve been having some heat issues so it when I replace the injectors I’m also going to wrap the rail. Sometime in the not too distant future I’m gonna end up doing the Edelbrock head and some roller rockers but otherwise she’s about as built as she will be. Sounds absolutely wonderful with the banks exhaust and is running noticeably stronger.

i’m planning on going up to 33x12.5’s and have some 4.56 Yukon gears on the way, they’re supposed to arrive today. I’m gonna wait a little bit to do that because with the power gains that I’ve got I may end up doing a slightly larger tire… I know there are a lot of opinions on that. I’ve got plans. Might end up sticking with the 33’s but I have a 6 speed with a hopped up engine and feel like it wouldn’t have trouble throwing 35’s around if I built the axels a bit and raised my body a touch.

hopefully I will be able to post a bunch more photos with more of these parts on it soon!!

7B942794-2103-446B-80AD-201C999273A2.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
If you plan to go with a larger tire than 33's you ordered the 4.56 gears for I'd cancel the 4.56 gears and order 4.88 for 35's. 4.56 isn't quite enough gear for 35's with the 4.0 and 6-speed.

If you plan to go with a larger tire than 33's you ordered the 4.56 gears for I'd cancel the 4.56 gears and order 4.88 for 35's. 4.56 isn't quite enough gear for 35's with the 4.0 and 6-speed.
Hey! Thanks for the reply!
The plan is 33’s at the moment but I might go a little larger given the engine power gains. They are pretty good so far and I’m looking at adding a little more. But I know, I’ve been through every thread.