New in St. Augustine FL

LeadChange

New to the forum and Jeeps but not new to cars and offroad. Have spent many days offroad in my 70 Bronco and D90 when I was younger but gave up the "car" scene to focus on my other passion, offshore fishing. Picked up this 04 Rubi for my sons first truck and have been slowing finding all the gemlins that made it a great deal. She has a completely new Metal Cloak suspension, Currie steering, Redhead steering gear, Mishimoto rad for those hot FL days, Dynomax Exhaust, and a few other bolt on bits. He'll be daily driving it but hes taken to offroading so we'll be hitting the trails and doing some traveling to VA, NC, and the local parks when I'm not offshore.

20190927_212437516_iOS.jpg

Awesome TJ, but ditch that Mishimoto radiator. Those things are very widely known to have issues and should be discarded as garbage, literally. They also serve no purpose, as the factory cooling system is more than up to the task of cooling your TJ even in the most extreme desert temperatures.

Having said that, love the TJ, and love the color! Just have a spare radiator around, because it's not a question of if that radiator will fail, it's "when".

Don't take my response the wrong way either please. I just hate seeing people spend money on crap quality parts that don't do anything.

True, I didn’t have any issues with the stock radiator until the top plastic split and puked every drop of antifreeze out in the parking lot of the grocery store with my son and his girlfriend. Had to buy bunch of water to get it back home. I ran aluminum rads in all my race cars and read all the reviews from the Jeep guys. I’ll take my chances and luckily one of my best friend is a master tig welder so aluminum is always welcome in my house :)

Reactions: Chris