New Jeep Owner 03 X Build

Jacket4256

TJ Enthusiast
So I am super green with Jeeps but not to doing some of my own wrenching on cars, but about 2 years ago my father in law bought a JKU and my son fell in love with it, and one day we were riding home and he told me "dada we should sell the blue truck and buy a jeep" so a few months later I sold my 1947 Chevrolet Loadmaster I had thought about selling for a while but this kind of pushed me to do so.

Anyhow I ended up with a 2003 X with about 140k on it 4.0 5 Speed, these things have gotten high where I live and hard to come by in good shape, I didn't wanna spend a fortune on something mint that I wanted to use and would also be a 5th vehicle anyway.

My goals at this time with the Jeep will be doing some minor wheeling mostly going to stick with Forrest access roads and small local trails, I live like 15 minutes from Windrock Park which over the last few years has exploded so may hit some easy stuff there.

The Jeep was bone stock when I got it expect wheel and tire combo that was way way to big and angry eye grill.

Mods So Far:
New Headlights
REMOVED Mad Face
Flat Fenders
Replaced some dingy hinges on the windows and doors
Lift Coming soon 3 inch Zone

Future mods:
Lockers
Gears
Bumpers

When I first picked her up

E5B138D2-38FA-42F5-810C-E8F0518F143D.jpeg

23066F7C-2B93-47AF-8925-2682D1B4CD47.jpeg

293A6CF7-9DA6-469B-BA4C-DB29A3BBA960.jpeg

Looks super nice, especially with the grill changed off it. I dig the fender flares too.

yea it rubbed like crazy with the wheels and all three of us riding around, so I did swapped them out a little sooner but happy with the results. Now just waiting on the lift.