New Jeep owner and now part-time Jeep mechanic!

Dfuzer

Hi everyone. Fun story of my first breakdown. 1997 TJ 4.0 died coming home. Had it towed home. Spark checks. Air checks. No abnormal codes. No fuel pressure so must be a fuel pump. Start by siphoning all gas out before I drop the tank. Siphon gives nada!. Damn thing was empty, but showing near half full on the gauge. Anyway, I'll drop the tank and put a pump and sending unit in for good measure.

Cheers.

20181212_215801.jpg

Welcome to the forum, but sorry to hear about your troubles! If there's no fuel pressure, that sure sounds like the fuel pump to me.

These things will turn you into a mechanic (if you aren't one already)!

Reactions: Dfuzer
Welcome to the forum, but sorry to hear about your troubles! If there's no fuel pressure, that sure sounds like the fuel pump to me.

These things will turn you into a mechanic (if you aren't one already)!

I'm pretty good, but learning the character of the vehicle is part of the process!

haha I had the same thing happen to me when I bought a Triumph Herald...gauge was ready half full so drove it home only to run out of gas, I checked the fuel line and it was bone dry...turned out the gauge was sticky and the PO didn't tell me.....I laugh now but not so much then lol
I did learn heaps on that car though.....and even more on my TJ. :teeth: Welcome to the forum