New Jeep owner from Northern Colorado

Edgar

Hello everyone. So I just purchased a 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport with the 4.0L I6. I got it for $4500 and comes with about 203k miles and needing quite a bit of maintenance. It is my second TJ, the first one i bought 7 years ago and for some dumb reason, sold it within a few months. Anyways, I have already ordered a complete Prothane master kit, new shocks, complete steering kit, heat shield from Design Eng., and stuff to do a tune up like oil, oil and air filter, spark plugs, front and rear end gear oil, and i think that's it. I do have some mechanical experience having tinkered with Volvo, Chevy, Ford, Toyota, and Dodge. After selling my Volvo S40, I bought this Jeep right away and really looking forward to working on it. I wont be lifting it nor doing any kind of heavy modifications....at least that's not the plan since it will be my main form of transportation for work. Anyways, long intro. I look forward to learning from everyone.

Welcome from Northern California. We'll need to see a picture of your TJ. We like pictures. And as the saying goes....if you don't have a picture.... it didn't happen. :)

I have attached a pic of my Jeep

2001 Jeep Wrangler.jpg

Yep. That was a big plus. So far just been reading thru many forum stickies and was pleasantly surprised to find out 2001 was the 60th anniversary year, so the front fog lights were standard, as well as the 7 speaker system with sub that I found strange since I figured that was a Rubicon option. I was starting to think that the Jeep was a frankenstein and had either been stolen or in a some kind of accident.

Welcome to the forum! There's a ton of Colorado members on here, that's for sure.

One of them (I think it's @jjvw) really loves Milestar Patagonias :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: jjvw
One of them (I think it's @jjvw) really loves Milestar Patagonias :LOL:

I don’t think any of us that have run with jjvw have found anything redeeming about them either. Great Jeep build (seriously, check out his thread), incredibly limited by garbage tires for the last 9mo or so...

Reactions: jjvw and Chris
welcome from just about I-25's halfway point between NM and WY.

I was born in Greeley and lived there until about 6 years old. Still visit from time to time to see my 93 yo grandmother and pick up a load of beer from Weldwerks.

Tan top with the black is a nice combo IMO. Clean up those flares and you'll have a nice looking TJ. Canyon wheels, another plus!

Welcome from Virginia. $4500 is a great deal especially since it included a hardtop. You've also got the Canyon wheels, which are my favorites.