New Jeep owner in SE MI

TJ4FUN

Supporting Member
Hi Everyone:

I'm brand new to the Jeep world. I always thought Jeeps (mostly the CJ and Wrangler models) were cool, but I was more into muscle cars and Corvettes. Well, to make a very long story short, my '97 SE is a true barn find. My avatar pic is the first pic I took of it...in the barn!

It had been stored there, amongst a number of other vehicles, for many years. We put a new battery in and it fired right up! However, the good news didn't last long. The next time I went to start it (still in the barn), it would not crank. It wasn't a battery issue and ultimately I had to have it flatbedded to a dealer, who diagnosed it as a dead PCM. Obviously those aren't made anymore, so dealer told me I was on my own to get one. I will post another time on the debacle getting it (spoiler - DO NOT use Flagship One!).

Anyway, I got my new (reman) PCM today and will be taking it to the dealer on Monday! I'm getting excited! I know my Jeep won't compare to many of the tricked out Jeeps here, but I look forward to learning more about them and being a part of this community.

Here's the Jeep taking its first trip outside the barn in many years...

20200823_153336.jpg

How does the frame look, any rust?

You are right, never, ever use FS1. That’s a well known thing here. Always use @Wranglerfix

Anyways, welcome to the forum and great looking TJ!

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Thanks for the welcome everyone! This Jeep is surprisingly rust free, especially being from MI. All of the vehicles in the barn were the same way - just summer toys, not DD's.

What is the easiest way to navigate to stickies on this forum? Want to peruse them and begin my education.

Thanks!