Ride of the Month Winner
This is the best look we've had at the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL so far:

f94ar0bfwiwro0kcy3ld.jpg
gigyfiyszzlml3w2al4y.jpg
kjzpvvai7zhup9ycb0as.jpg
t8nx4yceicgqqzgfbs4f.jpg
xalmeavxldn1mzz4av8w.jpg

Reactions: StG58
I'm digging the new front grill, hating the integrated fog lamps on the fender flares. Nice too see LED lighting everywhere else though, about time Jeep caught up with the rest of the market. These shots don't show the vent behind the front fenders, or its covered over. The release calendar for the different models seems interesting too. No JL 2 doors at launch. Guess the soccer moms like them in 4 door hard tops. ;).

Reactions: FTI76 and StG58
I don't like the turn signals as part of the flares, just doesn't work for me. The grille looks good though, and the all LED light thing should have been done a long time ago.

The 2 doors aren't selling nearly as much as the 4-doors, so I can completely see why they are delaying the launch of the 2-door models.

I rarely ever see 2 door JKs around, it's almost always the 4 door models.

The flares look like they're more seamlessly integrated into the body, which is a plus, but the integrated lights in the flare will spell disaster on the trail and will make for a more expensive repair.

The grill looks better than the JK

The front bumper looks cheese (but built in tow hooks. Does that mean they're planning on them getting stuck?)

The rear bumper looks pretty good

The deep seated headlights is a fair idea

Muffler runs across the back and with no skid. Donk...

Front skid looks plastic

There are two different Jeeps in these photos. First one is silver or gray, the rest are red. Look like they might have some different features too.

Last edited:
I'm hoping there is a more stripped down package that will let me avoid LED flares, lots of electronics that will break. Bumpers are ok, since they'll get pulled and replaced. Not that I'm buying on, but thats how I would.

No electric power top option for my Jeep. Geez thats going to be so annoying to see at the trails.

Reactions: JMT
The ridges on the outside of the flares will definitely add rigidity to those; on the other hand, they look like they're going to be expensive to replace once damaged.

The best thing I see on that Jeep compared to the JK I had (and all the others since) is they finally realized the flat hood (no contours to add strength and better looks) was ridiculous. I don't know if all the JLs will have that hood, but if they don't, JL owners will hate them like I did my JK. You can't have that large of an area that is just flat sheet metal.

I sure hope the hood isn't flat as well. Also I don't really like much about this Jeep. The fenders look a tad bit better than the Jk but they still look like dumbo ears to me. The door airbags are interesting. Curious how much more weight it's going to add to the doors. They better get rid of the platic bumper on the JKs.

I hope anyone planning on buying one of these has some deep pockets. I predict a Rubicon model will be over 40k.

From what I can see, I mostly like the look in comparison to the JK (the fender flares look way better on the JL).

However, like @StG58, I have no need for more complexity in my life. The TJ is as complex as I want it to be. Enough electronics to make it reasonable efficient (when compared to a carb for instance), but not enough electronics to blow your mind when something breaks.

I like being able to fix things myself, but when they start adding all this electronic BS, I know from firsthand experience that you'll be taking it to the dealer most of the time.

I've said it time-and-time again... A JKU (or JL) would be a welcome addition as a second vehicle for our family. However, the TJ will remain in my heart (and my garage) forever.

Reactions: StG58 and Tj04
mmmm still looks way to plastic for my tastes and nothing really special or different than allot of other SUV's out there. Those front and rear bumper are a joke.
Plus I don't like the wrap color lol

Reactions: Chris
If you look closely, it looks like they put them back on leaf springs.

All kidding aside, I hate the lights in the front fenders, disagree with the plastic front "skid plate", and love they are finally getting on board with the leds. Overall, looks good to me and would love to own one. However, I LOVE my TJ!

Reactions: FTI76 and Chris
mmmm still looks way to plastic for my tastes and nothing really special or different than allot of other SUV's out there.

I agree. Looks wise, it's starting to follow the typical SUV route (lots of plastic). I'm sure it's very comfortable to ride in, but I like simplicity.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
mmmm still looks way to plastic for my tastes and nothing really special or different than allot of other SUV's out there. Those front and rear bumper are a joke.
Plus I don't like the wrap color lol

Isn't the move to plastic bumpers a govt mandate or something to do with vehicles/pedestrian collisions?

It comes as no surprise knowing how legal battles are these days. I dont think there is anything built today with metal bumpers...

Hope that makes sense. I have nothing at the moment to back up my statment .02

Isn't the move to plastic bumpers a govt mandate or something to do with vehicles/pedestrian collisions?

It comes as no surprise knowing how legal battles are these days. I dont think there is anything built today with metal bumpers...

Hope that makes sense. I have nothing at the moment to back up my statment .02
yeah totally makes sense..but still not a fan :D But there has to be something better than what they have put on there...they look flimsy and ummmm European (must be Fiats input haha)

Reactions: Fouledplugs