New Jeep Wrangler JL Photos Released

Full disclosure, I was chomping at the bit to get my hands on a new 4dr diesel wrangler rubicon. Definitely not at the expense of ever giving up my TJ of course but as more of a DD to slowly convert to an off road beast(it seems to take 4-ever to get decent aftermarket mods for any new rig these days) while having my TJ take the coveted 2nd vehicle for almost recreation only place.

After seeing these photos I think I am out, other than that Diesel engine, I'm just not seeing enough to make me even like the idea of dropping $50k+ for all that plastic. I like the LED's but hate the integrated lights in the flares, as other have said already, huge replacement cost and at an ideal place to get trail damage. The side step in the first pic looks different than the others. I don't like anything that sticks out as far as the one in the top photo does, just something to catch rocks and trail hazards with. Plastic Bumpers?!?!?! I guess they match that cheesy plastic interior nicely. That was honestly the deal breaker for me, if I was looking for those kind of amenities in a vehicle I would drop the coin on a Lexus RC F. I know that is comparing apples to oranges but this new wrangler is about as far from the TJ in form and function as it can be and still be a jeep.

I would be better off finding a clean LJ Rubi and doing a diesel conversion and still be ahead on cost, which brings me to another thing . . . If Jeep wants to increase the sales of their 2dr Wrangler (Are you listening Jeep?) then for the love of God and all that is holy bring back the long wheel base 2dr LJ version already!

Rant over.

I would be better off finding a clean LJ Rubi and doing a diesel conversion and still be ahead on cost, which brings me to another thing . . . If Jeep wants to increase the sales of their 2dr Wrangler (Are you listening Jeep?) then for the love of God and all that is holy bring back the long wheel base 2dr LJ version already!
I agree plus you do a Cummings diesel I believe the diesel in new jeep is fiat

Reactions: Reece
The other thing that is don't like is the stop / start technology they are saddling the 3.6 Penstar with. Nothing like stopping at a read light and having your engine cut off, or on an obstacle offroad. Hoping there is a way to turn that off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What start/stop technology? I haven't heard about this...

Once we have my wife's 2012 grand Cherokee paid off, I thought I would buy a nice 4-door Wrangler.

I'm hoping that the yuppie soccer moms will be trading in their JKU's for this crapper JL thing and I can get a JKU at a decent price.

OR I'll just buy me a crew cab Silverado.

Those first gen broncos though . Love those. New bronco is probably just going to be basically a Yukon. I was told by my bronco obsessed friend who claims the new ones will have little off-road capability. I hope he's wrong.

The start stop thing seems stupid. It's a wrangler. 5% is substantial honestly but come on! How could that possibly be anything but a hinderance off road.

Engine shuts down while stopped/sitting at a red light. As soon as you release your foot from the brake and accelerate the engine starts seamlessly and off you go.

That's retarded.

Wait, that's not politically correct. I mean that's gay.

Damnit that's not politically correct either. I meant to say that's the dumbest fucking thing ever.

Those first gen broncos though . Love those. New bronco is probably just going to be basically a Yukon. I was told by my bronco obsessed friend who claims the new ones will have little off-road capability. I hope he's wrong.

The start stop thing seems stupid. It's a wrangler. 5% is substantial honestly but come on! How could that possibly be anything but a hinderance off road.
Ask the EPA

Wow, they were able to make the front fender/flare look even worse. Didn't think it was possible. Disappointed that angry grills and led bars aren't standard. Unfortunately, it is becoming less "Jeep" and more "suv."

The start-stop thing is an epic fail. My guess is that's one of the first things the smart guys will be doing, figuring out how to bypass that bullshit.

Two door JL spotted in traffic!

21727979_1686267608050943_913933443190017974_n.jpg
21731186_1686267634717607_1850670473931441171_n.jpg
21739980_1686267594717611_6225398533246121019_n.jpg

If you cover the grill with your hand, there is no way to tell the difference between the H3 and JL. Also the muscle car stance is just..... the interior is that of an XUV. Too me this marks the end of a TRUE JEEP.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Chris