New Manifold Cost? SOLVED

That does indeed look like an oil pan gasket, though not one I would like to use. 4 piece? Ridiculous.

Well done on the manifold...giant pain in the ass.

That gasket already found the garbage. And thanks - that other exhaust manifold was indeed stupid. Tremendous PITA getting that lower left bolt out.

Break in the rain allowed me to finish putting (most) everything back together. Fired her up amd the trouble codes went away.

I had also found a couple of exposed wires leading into the fuel rail and spurring to an O2 sensor - patched it up pretty well, and everything is looking good so far!

Also, FYI - my Jeep DOES sound more muted now.

One last closing note ... I just took it out for a drive. I definetly feel a slight loss in low end torque, but it's WAY quieter and my once perceived lifter tick is GONE! The latter had to have been due to the missing bolt on the bottom / midde right side; the gasket had also showed sure signs of an exhaust manifold leak.

I suppose the Banks manifold MAY in favt provide a slight gain in toqrue, but now my Jeep purrs like a kitten and sound how a Jeep is suppose to sound. I did not think that I could get it to drive any smoother after I had foxed my pinion angle, but somehow I did.

I'll put it around town a bit more before I take her on a longer road trip, just to make sure everything is fine. Looking good like I said so far though, it's been a hell of a last few days quite literally, so I'm considering this as a tattoo for positive inspiration in the future:

384DA50B-3848-429A-9AD0-7CE16CC3A32A.jpeg

(Joking of course)

One last closing note ... I just took it out for a drive. I definetly feel a slight loss in low end torque, but it's WAY quieter and my once perceived lifter tick is GONE! The latter had to have been due to the missing bolt on the bottom / midde right side; the gasket had also showed sure signs of an exhaust manifold leak.

I suppose the Banks manifold MAY in favt provide a slight gain in toqrue, but now my Jeep purrs like a kitten and sound how a Jeep is suppose to sound. I did not think that I could get it to drive any smoother after I had foxed my pinion angle, but somehow I did.

I'll put it around town a bit more before I take her on a longer road trip, just to make sure everything is fine. Looking good like I said so far though, it's been a hell of a last few days quite literally, so I'm considering this as a tattoo for positive inspiration in the future:

View attachment 32289

(Joking of course)
Good job on your Jeep and getting it done yourself! Funny idea for a tattoo :)

Reactions: jeep_boss
Great job! and you saved how many hundreds of dollars my doing it yourself?

I can say for sure, - I was quoted $470 and $88 for towing, but I suspect that shop would have went into overtime getting the manifold off with that last bolt. It would have been tough to get out even for the most seasoned of mechanics, given how that Banks exhaust header was covering and blocking access to that lower left center bolt, so probably just north of $750 I'd guess.

Where in Seattle are you there are always some guys that might be available to help

You might consider triple A for towing

NW Burien / Salmon Creek area

I can say for sure, - I was quoted $470 and $88 for towing, but I suspect that shop would have went into overtime getting the manifold off with that last bolt. It would have been tough to get out even for the most seasoned of mechanics, given how that Banks exhaust header was covering and blocking access to that lower left center bolt, so probably just north of $750 I'd guess.

NW Burien / Salmon Creek area

Sweet! That $750 will go along way on some other project, Jeep or non-Jeep.

Reach out next time if you need help I’m in Kent, been wrenching on jeeps for 25 years starting on a 1985 Diesel XJ. In the early 90’s