New member 2nd Jeep first tj

On your leak problem the drain for your plenum at passenger side floor board may need caulking .
That and the other foam gasket where the heater core lines run through firewall.
On mine rain was running down firewall in engine compartment, replaced hood to cowl gasket and caulked up those foam gaskets.

Reactions: 97jeeptj
On your leak problem the drain for your plenum at passenger side floor board may need caulking .
That and the other foam gasket where the heater core lines run through firewall.
On mine rain was running down firewall in engine compartment, replaced hood to cowl gasket and caulked up those foam gaskets.

?? I'm not understanding fully . I get the foam gasket for the heater core lines and it does look sketchy. It's warm today so I'll caulk that up and replace the gasket between the cowl and windshield.
The plenum drain I don't get. The air box is caulked up as is the plastic cover on the cowl and I also found out not many tj's have a 4 slot cowl apparently it's rare. Water would have to get into the air box to come out the plenum....No?

Nice rig, your daughter should love it...both my kids have no interest in them. Where on the Island are you?

Having you say that, I am a happy dad because my daughter wants my wife's Sahara and my son don't let go of my manual trans. Sport.
I ended up driving the Renegade made by FIAT a lot nowadays :(

I offered to GIVE my 2012 JKU to my 18 year old son (paid off mind you) and he said no, he liked his 2004 Toyota highlander that has peeling clear coat and scrunched bumpers???? So I traded it in on my wife's new Benz and bought the TJ.

Reactions: Chris
I replaced the window gasket today hopefully no more leaks. Replaced the plug for the blower resistor. I have all 4 fan speeds now. I think I'm done with everything that needed to be fixed. Headlights need to be aligned

Reactions: Chris