New member. First Jeep. Can't believe what I've been missing out on!

I don’t know if I could ever let go of it now that I finally own one! And it’s definitely already expensive. I’ve already put about 2k into it with new wheels/tires and random little fixes it needed.
I’ve done so many little fixes/upgrades that has probably added up to a lot of money, I haven’t kept track of how much it all cost because I was afraid to see what it would cost lol

I’ve done so many little fixes/upgrades that has probably added up to a lot of money, I haven’t kept track of how much it all cost because I was afraid to see what it would cost lol
I’m a dork so I’ve kept a running tab in the notes on my phone. So far it’s been $2,082. $1700 of that was wheels and tires. Bumpers are next so I’m sure I’ll have about $5k in it by the time I’m finished with everything the wife and I want to do to it. If she ever lets me get the Kaiser I’ve dreamt about since childhood I’ll need a second job. Lol

Welcome. Nice looking Jeep.

I was born in Ashland and used to have some family there, between Ashland and Catlettsburg.

Welcome to the forums and your new addiction. I am also a first time jeep owner(almost a year now) and cant believe ive waited this long to get one. If you know which speedo gear you need let me know. I have a couple extras.

Hey everyone!

Bought my wife a 98 Wrangler SE (2.5L 5spd manual) for Mother's Day last month. It's the first jeep either of us have owned and we're both loving the experience so far (the kids think it's a rollercoaster and call it the "Sheep"). She wanted a fun ride for summertime and I talked her into a Jeep over a golf cart. She's glad I was right for once! haha

Little backstory of what I know about the jeep. The original owner drove it around 47k miles before hitting a deer and parking it for good. My friend purchased the Jeep for his wife in 2020 and put a TON of work into restoring it for her, but she never learned how to drive a stick. He barely put 500 miles on it. He mentioned selling it and I told him I was serious about buying it if he ever did. Fast forward to May 2021 and we bought it for just over $7k on Mother's Day. It looks great, runs great, and my buddy is just happy to see it being enjoyed the way it should've been. I know he did me a huge favor with the asking price!

Here's everything my friend put into the Jeep:

Everything rubber under the hood was replaced
All fluids flushed
All new filters
New paint job and second set of full doors painted to match
Tub interior sprayed with bedliner
Spare tire delete
New clutch, brakes, shocks, fuel pump, exhaust, seats, top, grille, headlights, marker lights, fender flares, battery, windows, plugs and wires, oil pan, u joints, and wheel bearings

Everything I've done so far:

Replaced all missing or broken bulbs - dash lights, dome light, and tail light
Replaced the broken aftermarket radio with a new bluetooth radio
Repaired the broken passenger door latch
Replaced the broken multifunction switch (I hated driving without turn signals)
Replaced the broken A/C vents

Everything currently on my honey-do list (in no particular order):

Replace the speedo gear to correct for 31" BFG KO2s
Replace all 4 wheels and tires
Undo the spare tire delete (maybe upgrade to HD tailgate parts)
Replace windshield
Replace A/C condenser
Front/Rear bumpers
Side rails
Speakers
Repair the gas gauge

We both agreed to keep a fairly stock look (with the oversized tires being the one exception) since we'll mostly be driving on the road and a few light trails. Not sure if y'all needed this much info in my intro, but I've never joined a forum before so I went whole hog just in case!

View attachment 257770
Hey everyone!

Bought my wife a 98 Wrangler SE (2.5L 5spd manual) for Mother's Day last month. It's the first jeep either of us have owned and we're both loving the experience so far (the kids think it's a rollercoaster and call it the "Sheep"). She wanted a fun ride for summertime and I talked her into a Jeep over a golf cart. She's glad I was right for once! haha

Little backstory of what I know about the jeep. The original owner drove it around 47k miles before hitting a deer and parking it for good. My friend purchased the Jeep for his wife in 2020 and put a TON of work into restoring it for her, but she never learned how to drive a stick. He barely put 500 miles on it. He mentioned selling it and I told him I was serious about buying it if he ever did. Fast forward to May 2021 and we bought it for just over $7k on Mother's Day. It looks great, runs great, and my buddy is just happy to see it being enjoyed the way it should've been. I know he did me a huge favor with the asking price!

All fluids flushed
All new filters
Spare tire delete
New clutch, brakes, shocks, fuel pump, exhaust, seats, top, grille, headlights, marker lights, fender flares, battery, windows, plugs and wires, oil pan, u joints, and wheel bearings

Replace windshield
Replace A/C condenser
Front/Rear bumpers
Side rails
Speakers
Repair the gas gauge

We both agreed to keep a fairly stock look (with the oversized tires being the one exception) since we'll mostly be driving on the road and a few light trails. Not sure if y'all needed this much info in my intro, but I've never joined a forum before so I went whole hog just in case!

Hey everyone!

All fluids flushed
All new filters
Spare tire delete

Replace windshield
Replace A/C condenser
Front/Rear bumpers
Side rails
Speakers
Repair the gas gauge

View attachment 257770
Hey everyone!

All fluids flushed
All new filters
Spare tire delete

Replace windshield
Replace A/C condenser
Front/Rear bumpers
Side rails
Speakers
Repair the gas gauge

Family fun! Nice Jeep

Welcome to the forums and your new addiction. I am also a first time jeep owner(almost a year now) and cant believe ive waited this long to get one. If you know which speedo gear you need let me know. I have a couple extras.
I know I need one, haven’t tried figuring out which one yet. I’ll keep you in mind though. Thanks!