New member, first Jeep loving this life

JimnTrish

Supporting Member
So I’ve been lurking on this site for over a year so I figured I had to join in the fun.
Purchased this 2004 TJ Sport last year without a clue as to what I was getting into. It ran, no codes, had bald tires, and a 3 inch lift and I fell in love.
First thing I did was to change all of the fluids, which were black molasses but thankfully, not chocolate milk. The muffler and tailpipe fell off a few miles later but my wife thought it sounded cool so that could wait.
Did all the u-joints (7, including front axle), all new bearings and seals on the axles, new shocks (rancho 5000x) only had one bolt snap (of course rear) but got it done.
New brakes and of course new 33 tires.
Most of this was done with y’all’s help on this amazing site.
Now, just need to drop the tank because the anti siphon isn’t keeping the rail primed, redo all of the bushings, fix the tensioner pulley so it stops screaming at me when she starts, and, put the muffler/tail pipe on.
oh yea, new bumper, new fog lights, new LED driving lights are done and next going to do the LED interior lights.
Yes, I still love this Jeep. Love the community and I wave at every Jeep (occasionally a hummer cause my eyesight sucks).
I’ll be lurking and getting my education thanks to all of you. Ciao

welcome ... to posting 🍻

it sounds like you didn't test the waters but dove head first into the deep end (y)

Welcome. If you have a clean frame then you can keep that Jeep running forever.
I enjoy turning wrenches and the satisfaction of doing things myself. This old girl needed lots of TLC but her bones were good. Even with a clean frame, it’s amazing how rusty each and every bolt gets. Tried to bleed the rear brakes but snapped the bleed screws off so just ended up replacing the whole caliper. The old ones looked bad anyway.

I enjoy turning wrenches and the satisfaction of doing things myself. This old girl needed lots of TLC but her bones were good. Even with a clean frame, it’s amazing how rusty each and every bolt gets. Tried to bleed the rear brakes but snapped the bleed screws off so just ended up replacing the whole caliper. The old ones looked bad anyway.
Air tools are my friend