New Member from Austin

slipdiskdave

New member here from the Hill Country outside of Austin, TX! Just picked up my second TJ. Owned my first one about 5 years ago and had to sell it when we moved cross-country. But I stayed on the hunt and recently grabbed another 2001. Already searching for parts and looking forward to picking everyone's brains!

Dave

IMG_0528.jpg

New member here from the Hill Country outside of Austin, TX! Just picked up my second TJ. Owned my first one about 5 years ago and had to sell it when we moved cross-country. But I stayed on the hunt and recently grabbed another 2001. Already searching for parts and looking forward to picking everyone's brains!

Dave

View attachment 190676
Welcome to the forum. We lived in Fredericksburg for 15 years. Good wheelin at Hidden Falls and Wolf Caves. We're in the PNW now. Cool color!

Welcome to the forum! Any idea what color the previous owner painted that? I love the color, it almost looks like Gobi, which is a JK color.

Dave

View attachment 190676

Welcome from your neighbor out to the west in Midland. Spent a couple of years in Pflugerville way back before it was surrounded by Austin and well before I knew how much fun Jeep’s were.

Welcome to the forum! Any idea what color the previous owner painted that? I love the color, it almost looks like Gobi, which is a JK color.

Not sure what the actual color is. He painted it himself and did a decent job. But it was a while back and the primer's starting show through in spots. Anyway, guy was military and I think he was trying to get it to match the desert color you see on a lot of their service vehicles. I like it, but it'll need a re-paint sooner than later.

Reactions: Chris