New member from BC, Canada

Jacobjburt

New member here from the Vancouver area. Long time lurker but new member. I’m 19 years old and have wanted a Tj since I was 5, my parents had a old green Sahara yj that’s probably why, I remember cruising around in it with the top down. I’m an university student right now, and I’m not the most mechanical inclined but I know a little more than your average joe. I have done simple stuff like changing tires, oil changes and maintenance.

I got my Jeep (Rocky) with 132 XXX km in July this past summer (first picture). She is a 2003 Rocky Mountain Edition in bright silver metallic, 5 speed manual. Fun fact I’m only one year older than she is. The PO was a snowbird that towed it behind his motor home in Arizona most of its life. She was stock aside from the 32” jk wheels and the towing system he installed . Pretty clean at least for this area. With only minor surface rust, I have been looking for a Tj for 6+ months and this one was by far the best one I have came across. I payed 10 000$ cad.

I bought Rocky not knowing how to drive standard. Well I knew what to do just not how to do it. I stalled a few times but I made in 20 min back home eventually. Needless to say I learned how to drive it pretty quick as it’s my daily.

Mods I have done (Canadian dollars):
-Removed towing receivers and air brake system : free
-bfg goodrich k02 Jeep floor mats (strongly dislike,) : 40$
-removed milk jugs,replaced with mopar stubby end caps : way more money than I’d like to admit (stealership)
-purchased a used hardtop : 750
- 5 new 31/10.5/r15 bfg K02 wheels on 15 x7 American racing black baja wheels : 2400$
-Removed plastic side steps (last picture) : free
- magic eraser hardtop (will post thread later, pictures were from before) : 10$
- 12v Bluetooth receiver to play music (has static, but for the price it’s okay): 40$
- built a simple storage shelf for camping (will make separate post, I have added tie down anchors since) :120$

Plans for rocky
-my goal is tasteful but smart and realistic mods that won’t break my student bank account haha, I won’t be doing any crawling, but from time to time I like to go down fsr’ and do some camping
-New clutch as it’s getting soft (leaning how to drive probably didn’t help) and first gear and reverse are sticky
- new sunpie headlights(on the way), with black bezels
- new brakes as staring to squeak when cold
-eventually get ome 2 in lift (not in the budget right now)
-maybe a new rugged ridge Spartacus tire carrier/ tailgate hinges the PO had 32” jk wheels on the stock gate but it had an adapter which pushed the wheel farther away from the snubbers causing strain on the hinges ( some squeeking, I’m not to sure how concerned I should be)
- maybe some sliders (more for looks than anything)

Thanks for reading, if you guys have any opinions ,information or questions let me know.

A137FF4E-5564-4A26-A457-100C643C9528.jpeg

D8CEACDB-AE64-474F-B907-B7744F2BDD29.jpeg

824087B0-4F5B-4E30-A926-3D14473D0367.jpeg

42D3FB35-5185-4E0B-9F31-0BA32A2800AB.jpeg

C3E2F5FA-48E7-47AC-B322-E102155A40F9.jpeg